+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree861Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

In one interview Whitney did, she said she married Bobby, because she felt she was rebelling against her family, and the way she was bought up.I don't even know if its Fame itself. Or Fame alone, she never struck me as being very secure

I heard someone explain it well yesterday, Whitney wasnt the perfect poster girl everyone had thought she was, but she was a very hard worker. By the time she met Bobby she had acheived so much, when she met him he was just fun to her. She felt like on top there was no where else to go, so she had fun with Bobby (even to the detriment of herself). I kind of understand that, and I dont blame Bobby. She is a person with the right to say no or walk away. He may have enabled her, but I dont put all the blame on him.
    Im sure her years of drug use didnt help with whatever happened. I really feel for Bobbi Kristina who I remember hearing was in rehab recently (she's barely 18!) She was her moms only child and Im sure they were very close.
    Like someone said upthread, I am choosing to remember the voice of Whitney, not all the issues. She inspired me to want to be a singer ever since I heard "how will I know" when I was in 4th grade. RIP Whitney.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

One of the things that I used to notice, when she sang, was that while she had a gorgeous voice, she seemed "empty"....like she was just going through the motions. That always bothered me. I always felt that if you were really singing an emotional song that you would, normally, be showing it all through your body.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    One of the things that I used to notice, when she sang, was that while she had a gorgeous voice, she seemed "empty"....like she was just going through the motions. That always bothered me. I always felt that if you were really singing an emotional song that you would, normally, be showing it all through your body.
    You're right. I felt that too when she sang. Simon Cowell would probably have called Whitney Houston a pageant singer if she had started out on American Idol, like he criticized Diana DeGarmo for being. They sound lovely but the emotion they should be feeling for what they're singing is lacking. Perhaps a result of too much training at a young age, where they're taught how to act out an emotion but don't really feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    You're right. I felt that too when she sang. Simon Cowell would probably have called Whitney Houston a pageant singer if she had started out on American Idol, like he criticized Diana DeGarmo for being. They sound lovely but the emotion they should be feeling for what they're singing is lacking. Perhaps a result of too much training at a young age, where they're taught how to act out an emotion but don't really feel it.
    for me some of the most memorable emotional singers are the ones that aren't spot on all the time. Not that they are bad, just not perfect. I think that is why I have never been such a fan of people like Whitney, Mariah or Celine.... it seems to robotic to me.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    In one interview Whitney did, she said she married Bobby, because she felt she was rebelling against her family, and the way she was bought up.I don't even know if its Fame itself. Or Fame alone, she never struck me as being very secure
    Whitney had a BFF Robyn who she was close to and the story was they had been in love with each other. It had been in all the rags that they had been a couple. The same time frame Whitney was having issues with not being able to be friends with her in public. So she began to rebel and Clive Davis was trying to get her under control again. The drug thing started before Bobby Brown. To most people it was believed she married Bobby Brown to get away from all the rumors and hiding from what she really wanted, Robyn.

I never believed she married Bobby Brown for love. I think she did fall for him but she married him to get the rags to stop calling her a lesbian.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Whitney had a BFF Robyn who she was close to and the story was they had been in love with each other. It had been in all the rags that they had been a couple. The same time frame Whitney was having issues with not being able to be friends with her in public. So she began to rebel and Clive Davis was trying to get her under control again. The drug thing started before Bobby Brown. To most people it was believed she married Bobby Brown to get away from all the rumors and hiding from what she really wanted, Robyn.

I never believed she married Bobby Brown for love. I think she did fall for him but she married him to get the rags to stop calling her a lesbian.
    I think it was her interview with Oprah,she said that Bobby Brown was her drug . I believe that, I think he wasn't 100% to blame, but he enabled her to act out. I believe, she believed this was love. In this same interview, she was asked about him hitting her, she said only once then she added a but...
    She also said the worst thing he did to her, was spit on her, Oprah visibly flinched when she said that .I think in Whitney's eyes, BB could do no wrong.He had a very strong hold on her

she married him to get the rags to stop calling her a lesbian.
    Mmm, I donít know about that. I recall when the tabloids were insinuating that Oprah and Gail were a lesbian couple (not true), but Oprah didnít marry Stedman to get them to stop. I realize Oprah and Whitney are/were very different, but still . . . . Whitney married Bobby because she was into him and she seemed to like his bad boy persona.

btw I just heard on the news an invitation-only funeral for Whitney will be Saturday at the church in NJ.
    Last edited by tango7; 02-14-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    btw I just heard on the news an invitation-only funeral for Whitney will be Saturday at the church in NJ.
    I like the fact that they are keeping it more private then most of these "events". Let the poor woman rest in peace, let her family mourn in peace.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I heard there will be two funerals, one for family only

+ Reply to Thread