+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree722Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Rest In Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Bobbi Christina was rushed to the hospital this afternoon. Where the hell is that a-hole father of hers. That poor baby doesn't stand a chance.
    He should have done it sooner, but TMZ is reporting that he is skipping the concert that he was supposed to do tonight and heading out to be with Bobbi Kristina.

I loved The Big Valley, and really hate to hear this about him.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

With all of these stars dying MJ, Amy, Whitney etc.... I told my hsuband I can see Madonna outliving them all at 95 still dancing up a storm... little old Italian lady. Say what you will about her, she seems to have her self together when it comes to substances. She is full of herself, but maybe in this industry that is the way to be.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Bobbi Kristina has been released from the hospital and supposedly her dad, Bobby Brown is with her.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Very sad to here this, my heart is broken. I grew up on Whitney houston. She was my idol. I still can't forget the days when she was the greatest singer in the world and everyone loved her. She was truly one of a kind. What a sad loss. Bitter sweet memories, that is all I'm taking with me. We lost a good one !

I never liked the "screaming singing" of Whitney's type - it had its place, but I just prefer the softer voice. Whitney Houston was given the brass ring, and she blew it. Sadly she's not the first and won't be the last. Money and Possessions and Adulation and Fame will never bring contentment.
    Last edited by SugarMama; 02-12-2012 at 11:05 PM.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    Peter Breck (Nick Barkley from Big Valley) Died Feb 6th. He was 82. My very favorite Barkley
    Awww. He was stud-muffin the good guy - love The Big Valley
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by chicagodiva View Post
    Very sad to here this, my heart is broken. I grew up on Whitney houston. She was my idol. I still can't forget the days when she was the greatest singer in the world and everyone loved her. She was truly one of a kind. What a sad loss. Bitter sweet memories, that is all I'm taking with me. We lost a good one !
    Her voice was something else, wow! I will always love you. Nobody can , or will sing that like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Her voice was something else, wow! I will always love you. Nobody can , or will sing that like her.
    Whitney performed it well, tis true. But in my opinion, the lady who wrote it performed it best - Dolly Parton - still can bring a tear

dolly parton I will always love you original - YouTube
    Last edited by SugarMama; 02-12-2012 at 11:33 PM.

I asked my husband if he can remember the first time he saw Whitney. He asked me if I remembered the first time I saw Leonard Skynard. No. Duh.

The first time I saw her was on David Letterman. She was wearing cornrows and sang this ballad that almost left everyone speechless. Letterman was awestruck. He knew he was looking at something huge coming....

In fairness to Bobby, His bandmates are a form of family. And I do not think he ever thought she would keel over before he did. I am glad he is going to be there for his little girl.....I am a momma's girl myself, and I know a momma's girl when I see one. Christina is a huge momma's girl. Peace be with you dear child.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread