+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree864Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Not to be argumentative, but she had the option of doing or not doing drugs. She had the opportunity to get herself clean, she could've just said NO THANKS! I'm as sad as everyone else is to see her go so soon, but everyone has to take responsibility for the decisions they make & stop pointing fingers.
    Well I do agree to the extent that it ultimately fell to her, but from what I have heard her say she was so obsessed with that man that she was willing to do anything with him. And if he truely loved her, he would have gotten them both help years ago. He is not solely to blame but he surely shoulders some of it. And the change that came over her when she met him was momentous. Sometimes there are people who have such influence over another they can get them to partake in activities that they might not have normally done. How many people have heard the line "If you really love me...." ?

And if stories of his daughter partying way too much are true, he (and Whitney) have the blame there as well.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Not to be argumentative, but she had the option of doing or not doing drugs. She had the opportunity to get herself clean, she could've just said NO THANKS! I'm as sad as everyone else is to see her go so soon, but everyone has to take responsibility for the decisions they make & stop pointing fingers.
    I dont think its as easy as no thanks, when the drugs get hold of you

On the AP I read at aol this morning, it is said that her bodyguard, Ray, found her in the bathtub; not Ray J. The autopsy has been postponed until the Beverly Hills Police Detectives are further into their investigation. The firemen were already in the hotel because of the pre-Grammy at the hotel and were there before 911 responding officers arrived. So, she did receive prompt medical attention, but it was too late. Who knows how long she was alone before her bodyguard checked on her.

I, too, was shocked when I read the news. I couldn't believe she was 48, she somehow seemed younger to me. My condolences to her family. At the pre-Grammy party, Bobby Brown took the stage in a tribute and broke down as he left the stage. Apparently he cried heavily throughout the event.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I understand she was found under water in the tub. I guess maybe she fell asleep in the tub and drowned? I was hoping they could find someone a little more thrilling to sing a tribute to her other than Jennifer Hudson. Oh well I can always fast forward past it. I just don't like her singing style.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

If she fell asleep and drowned in the tub, that kind of explains why no one realized anything was wrong until too late. Lots of people like to take long, relaxing baths, and it's not like anyone would be with her in the bathroom with her while she was in the tub, so it wouldn't have occurred to anyone that anything was wrong for a while, and it doesn't take that long to drown.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    True, but if you say no thanks to begin with, they can't get a hold of you. By now, everyone on the planet knows that drugs are addictive and destructive. So it's not like they don't know what they are opening themselves up to.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Bobbi Kris comes from 2 erratic parents. I think it's scary to think of the path she can go down, from genetics alone and, so far, she has not shown the best judgment. Yes, she is only 18(?), but we do tend to live what we've learned.

And, hasn't Bobby remarried and just had a new baby? Well, don't know if he got married, but I do think he has a new baby.

And I am tired of the news saying that resuscitation efforts failed. They didn't fail....they didn't have anything to work with. It they had, they would have gone all out. Given the quickness of the response time to her room, that should be obvious. Whitney was dead for a while before anyone found her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Especially when it is the "love of your life" engaging in those activities.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Like it or not, some people are just followers.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I agree. At some point, one has to stop being the victim and take responsibility for their own actions.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread