+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree861Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Rest In Peace Whitney. I love what Bette Midler posted on Twitter:"Little by little these deaths kill the best part of each of us, the awe and joy we feel when we hear a gift that can only come from God".

Celebrity reaction from NZHerald Celebrity reaction to Whitney Houston's death - Entertainment - NZ Herald News
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    No I do not. BUT drugs have a lasting affect on a person's body. As heavily as she has stated that she used, there is no doubt this played in her untimely death.
    There is no doubt in my OWN mind that this is from drugs one way or another)
    C'mon, for every example like Whitney there are multiple examples where folks have had drug issues only to survive & excel. Keith Richard, & Eric Clapton are just 2 amongst a universe of old time rockers. I'm certainly not advocating drug usage, but there are other factors that weigh into some surviving & others succumbing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I hope so too, but I don't know that she has any reliable adults in her life. From what I have seen of her, she's been allowed to do whatever she wants for a very long time.

Whitney had, I think, the best voice of any singer of her generation. The comparison with Mariah was just never fair - Mariah doesn't even come close. Whitney's voice was a gift from God. It's just so sad that it was silenced so soon because all of her personal issues and now, permanently.
    Her grandmother Cissy, Whitney's mother, is still alive. I don't know how involved she is in Bobby Christina's life, but she was a pretty solid force in Whitney's life when she was growing up.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    C'mon, for every example like Whitney there are multiple examples where folks have had drug issues only to survive & excel. Keith Richard, & Eric Clapton are just 2 amongst a universe of old time rockers. I'm certainly not advocating drug usage, but there are other factors that weigh into some surviving & others succumbing.

Luck and genetics, which is, I suppose, a kind of luck, since no one controls their genetics, play into the survival of drug addicts, as they do in the survival of all of us. But the older rockers who have survived--and you can add Ozzy Osbourne to that list too--also are largely those who managed to quit before it was too late. From the sound of it, Whitney Houston wasn't able to do that soon enough for herself, whether because she never managed to do so completely and permanently or because by the time she could, the damage she'd done to herself was too severe even if it might not have been for someone else.

Though, really, I don't suppose it ultimately matters why she died but that she did and before her time.

Whitney did not know her brilliance and how much she was love. That brilliance is within Christina. I will pray that she always sees the light and does not empower the dark.
    You can do it!

I agree, but these received help and got off the crap. The damage the drugs and alcohol does to a body is enormous. I personally do not think she gave up the drugs or drinking. Drinking alcohol can do the same thing to a body. When I say this I mean drinking to excess...
    It takes a body time to heal from the abuse.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    If I can find a link to the pics of her this weekend, I'll post it. She looked very drugged out to me.
    I just heard she was coaching a couple of singers, and was looking very ill.The last time we saw her was about 5 months ago, on ET.They said she was looking forward to a new show .She looked liked she had gained a little weight.Maybe she just had a puffy face? sad..really sad.48 is young

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    It sounded like Bobby Brown, who I believe they said was in Louisville, is taking it very hard. I hope he's got a lot of support around him, because this is exactly the sort of thing that could cause someone who's not that stable to begin with to start looking for some form of chemical escape and the last thing his daughter needs is for him to go off the deep end at this point.
    I was never a fan of hers but I remember when she came on the scene and the change in her when she got involved with Bobby Brown. He poisoned her, her career went downhill, she started doing drugs and was never the same. He should feel guilty because he ruined her. I feel sorry for their daughter but from what I have heard she likes to party too.....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I get teary eyed every time I hear her sing "I Will Always Love You" and her rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" Her voice will live long.
    Oh, I so hear ya there. Hearing Whitney sing "I Will Always Love You" always tugged at my emotions, she sings it so incredibly. How much more so, now? And her rendition of The Star Spangled Banner is, imo, by far, the best I've ever heard.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I was never a fan of hers but I remember when she came on the scene and the change in her when she got involved with Bobby Brown. He poisoned her, her career went downhill, she started doing drugs and was never the same. He should feel guilty because he ruined her. I feel sorry for their daughter but from what I have heard she likes to party too.....
    Not to be argumentative, but she had the option of doing or not doing drugs. She had the opportunity to get herself clean, she could've just said NO THANKS! I'm as sad as everyone else is to see her go so soon, but everyone has to take responsibility for the decisions they make & stop pointing fingers.

+ Reply to Thread