+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree456Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Her first public appearance in 1985, on the Merv Griffin Show, introduced by Clive Davis himself:

Whitney Houston- Home - YouTube
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Bobbi Kris is 18-ish. My mother died when I was in my 30s, and that was waaaay too soon. This is going to be one rough, stinkin' road for her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

RIP, Whitney.
    A beautiful voice, a beautiful lady.
    May your demons be at rest now.
    Heaven needed another angel.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I figured they'd have to pay tribute somehow at the Grammys, because it'd be unavoidable (and really, just unforgivable), if they didn't do a proper tribute to somehow that's a music icon and likely inspired a good percent of those in attendance. I'm sure it will probably be emotional for those involved, coming the day after, and especially wanting to give the performance justice (or whatever they wind up doing).

I don't know what Bobbie Kristina's plans were for a career-if she decided to follow in her parent's footsteps or not. If she does, I hope she has as much success as her mother, but avoids going down this road. I can't imagine what she must be feeling right now, and knowing the media will be hounding the family. I also heard that about Bobby Brown; like others, I hope he has people to support him so he doesn't go elsewhere for it.

Apparently, she was behaving really erratically at the party I mentioned above: Whitney Houston dead: She was spotted displaying erratic behavior - latimes.com
    Another article said that she and a group of friends were drinking at the hotel bar until very late. In some of those pictures she looked so bloated and out of it. Very sad.

I posted upthread that I was shocked, but I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I never thought she'd actually die this way. Maybe I hoped she'd finally get help. Deaths like this make me so angry because they're such a waste. I think of all the things she could have done in the next 20 or 30 years if she'd been kinder to her body and had not gotten so caught up in substance abuse. Bobby Brown should be taking a hard look in the mirror right now. From all accounts, he's the one who started her using drugs - or who encouraged it. I hope he's able to get his act together and behave like a grown-up for his daughter.

Maybe we'll find that the direct cause of her death was not drugs or alcohol, but I'll never believe that they didn't shorten her life and ruin her health.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CBS just announced that Jennifer Hudson will perform a Whitney Houston tribute at the Grammy's on Sunday night.

This is just so sad.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

The moment I saw this performance I knew she was destined to be a major force in the music industry.

Whitney Houston - Saving all my love for you live Letterman - YouTube
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I wonder which way this will push her daughter? If you look hard enough, there are pictures of her toking it up, smoking, drinking and even a couple of her snorting coke. I really hope this scares her straight.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    Maybe we'll find that the direct cause of her death was not drugs or alcohol, but I'll never believe that they didn't shorten her life and ruin her health.
    I would think that someone who had abused drugs for as long as she did, any cause of death could be considered drug related. Cocaine damages the heart badly, so even if she had a heart attack, it could be called drug related. When I first heard about this, I didn't even realize she was still using. After seeing those photos, it was quite obvious. Truly, it was only a matter of time.

May her little girl and family find solace from their friends and family. RIP.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I wonder which way this will push her daughter? If you look hard enough, there are pictures of her toking it up, smoking, drinking and even a couple of her snorting coke. I really hope this scares her straight.
    I hope so too, but I don't know that she has any reliable adults in her life. From what I have seen of her, she's been allowed to do whatever she wants for a very long time.

Whitney had, I think, the best voice of any singer of her generation. The comparison with Mariah was just never fair - Mariah doesn't even come close. Whitney's voice was a gift from God. It's just so sad that it was silenced so soon because all of her personal issues and now, permanently.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread