+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree722Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Yikes, I just saw this. How awful. She had such a beautiful voice, I kept hoping she'd turn her life around.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fanatic

For me, regardless of the cause...you R.I.P Whitney!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

There's cellphone video of a brief impromptu singing performance she gave at a party Thursday night. She got up on stage with Kelly Price:

Whitney Houston Grammys 2012 "Yes Jesus Loves Me" (Whitney's Final Performance) - YouTube

Still hard to believe. RIP Whitney.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Nothing new to add - just saw it on the news and came here. I have to believe she's free from this mortal coil and in a happier place. Peace to those left behind. She had a beautiful voice.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

How terribly sad! Does anyone know if Whitney had ever gone to rehab? The last time I saw her perform on TV she looked and sounded terrible. Her voice was really shot. Such a shame... May she rest in peace.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    They only worked (CPR) her for about 20 minutes before they called it. She was not transported. I'm guessing there was some rigor mortis developing. The body was/is still in the hotel room.
    They were reporting on CNN that the fact that they only worked on her for about twenty minutes and never took her to an E.R. indicated that she was probably gone by the time they got there, quite possibly before anyone discovered her. And apparently it was her bodyguard, whose name is also Ray, who found her, which is what led to the confusion about Ray J having been the one who found her. Right first name, wrong guy.

On CNN they also mentioned that there was concern about whether or not she was alone when she died. Unless there's some indication of foul play--and they've ruled that out--I imagine it's not all that unusual for someone to be alone when he/she dies unexpectedly. She was supposed to go to that big pre-Grammys party Clive Davis was throwing tonight and possibly even perform there. If that's the case, I would think she could easily have been on her own resting or getting ready when she passed away, so it wouldn't be unusual for her to be alone. And if she was thought to be taking a quick nap or something like that, it wouldn't arouse any concern if no one heard from her for a while.

The latest report I heard is that they're really going to rework the Grammys broadcast in light of her death. I should think that's going to be very hard to do, not only because it's a bunch of work to do at the last minute but because some of the people involved in doing so likely knew her--certainly all of them would have known of her--so they'd be working under time constraints and through their own emotional upheaval. It sounded like Bobby Brown, who I believe they said was in Louisville, is taking it very hard. I hope he's got a lot of support around him, because this is exactly the sort of thing that could cause someone who's not that stable to begin with to start looking for some form of chemical escape and the last thing his daughter needs is for him to go off the deep end at this point.

I get teary eyed every time I hear her sing "I Will Always Love You" and her rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" Her voice will live long.
    There's no place like home!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

So sad. I actually saw a picture of her on People magazine last night and thought she didn't look good (i.e. she looked high). I really thought she'd turned her life around.

The worst part is that this will always underscore her bio. Not that she had an amazing voice, not that she overcame drugs, but that she succumbed to them. RIP Whitney. (I kind of wish this angel wasn't smiling.)
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

This makes me so sad.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread