+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree842Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

This is a very sad life. This is what happens when you use drugs. The drugs take over your life and the demons come out. She had such a promising life and now gone at such a young age.Yes 48 is young. There is a child going to grow up without her mother. I wish this would be a wake up call for many others and get the help they need, but it will never happen to them (or so they say), you want to shake the person so hard and say "see this is what will happen, wake up" Sorry for the rant, just in anger over such a waste.
    There's no place like home!

Wow!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

CNN is now saying that emergency services were called by her entourage and that they got there within two minutes but that the fire department was already there, because they were there because of a party at the hotel (I guess it's some kind of a security issue to have them on hand). They tried to revive her but were unable to do so. If they got there that quickly and couldn't revive her, I suspect she was probably already past saving by the time they got there. I can't imagine what's going on at the Clive Davis party tonight, where the guests probably got the news after their arrival. The folks in charge of the Grammys are going to have a long night as well. They already had to work out a tribute to Etta James and decide how to handle Don Cornelius' passing on the broadcast and now they're going to have to figure out how to pay proper tribute to Whitney without making it look last minute, which it obviously has to be, because they had no way of knowing this would happen.

Ray J's publicist is now saying Ray J was nowhere near the hotel when Whitney was found but is refusing to say anything else. Ray J has not commented himself, but I think that's understandable, regardless of whether he was at the hotel or not. They've spent a lot of time together lately and he's probably really upset and uninterested in making a public statement right this minute.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    This is a very sad life. This is what happens when you use drugs. The drugs take over your life and the demons come out. She had such a promising life and now gone at such a young age.Yes 48 is young. There is a child going to grow up without her mother. I wish this would be a wake up call for many others and get the help they need, but it will never happen to them (or so they say), you want to shake the person so hard and say "see this is what will happen, wake up" Sorry for the rant, just in anger over such a waste.
    What are you talking about? Do you have any information/a link showing that she died from using drugs?
    Last edited by tango7; 02-11-2012 at 09:13 PM.

No I do not. BUT drugs have a lasting affect on a person's body. As heavily as she has stated that she used, there is no doubt this played in her untimely death.
    There is no doubt in my OWN mind that this is from drugs one way or another)
    There's no place like home!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

So amazing that these deaths always come in threes....Etta James, Don Cornealius, now Whitney Houston...I'm in shock. I so, so, wanted to see Whitney make her big comeback and prove that she was not just a has-been. I was afraid she'd end up like this and die while being remembered as a mere punchline. So, sad...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Whitney's had a long and well-documented struggle with drugs. Based on her behavior in public and the recent pictures of her, it isn't a huge leap to say that drugs may have played a part in her death.

It's sad no matter how she died, but it's even more sad that her behavior and drug use may have played a part.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    So amazing that these deaths always come in threes....Etta James, Don Cornealius, now Whitney Houston...I'm in shock. I so, so, wanted to see Whitney make her big comeback and prove that she was not just a has-been. I was afraid she'd end up like this and die while being remembered as a mere punchline. So, sad...
    The last interview I saw with her she looked SO good I thought she had a chance. What a waste!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They only worked (CPR) her for about 20 minutes before they called it. She was not transported. I'm guessing there was some rigor mortis developing. The body was/is still in the hotel room.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    The last interview I saw with her she looked SO good I thought she had a chance. What a waste!!
    A waste indeed. Poor Bobbi Christina....I feel for the kid, with her mother gone so needlessly and so soon.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread