+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree863Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

just saw this too sad. I knew when I saw photos recently with Ray J she looked like she was on something. some are speculating suicide.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Just coming to post that Critical. Hard to believe regardless of all the issues in her past.
    Sorry to say, but simply because of all the issues in her past, I find this to be expected. It is just very very sad that folks with so much talent have an almost overwhelming desire to piss it all away.

My first reaction was holy crap! I have heard stories of Simon wanting her for X-Factor now this. So sad.

Rest in peace, Whitney.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

So shocking and so sad....even with the issues she had with addiction.

FORT Fogey

NBC ran a scroll across the screen during the repeat of The Voice they were running. CNN has cut to what appears to be continuous coverage of Whitney's death. No word yet on the exact cause, but the undercurrent of the conversations they're having with various people about it on the phone is the speculation that drugs must have been involved. Of course, it could be something else entirely too that the drugs inadvertently contributed to--that is, that her body, weakened by so much drug use over the years, just gave out at a younger age. I hope for her daughter's sake that it wasn't suicide or at least that if it was an overdose, it was accidental and that she has people who can help her through this. I agree that her father, unfortunately, is likely not stable enough to do so himself.

I was surprised that she was only 48. Again, perhaps due to the drug use, she looked older than that to me.

CNN is now reporting that a close friend of Ray J has said that Ray J is the one who found her dead in the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Just heard about poor Whitney...oh my God, I am in disbelief...wow...

RIP
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Okay, I found the pics. They're on Dlisted, so it's NSFW. If you're sensitive to language, maybe don't go there. He's a bit crass. Oh, Whitney... | Dlisted

The pictures are from a Grammy party, probably Thursday night, since these pics were posted on Friday. Apparently, she was in town for a Clive Davis tribute party tonight. That's going to be one depressing party, that's for sure.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I hope and pray that she has found some peace, that she is in God's arms. God, please watch over Bobbi Kris and her family, keep them and comfort them in this time of grief.
    Whitney you are in God's heavenly choir now and I know that you're singing your heart out. Thank you for all the wonderful music, you will NEVER be forgotten
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    My first reaction was holy crap! I have heard stories of Simon wanting her for X-Factor now this. So sad.

Rest in peace, Whitney.
    When I googled her name to see if this was for real, it was eerie reading the headline about her death, and right below it articles posted just a few hours ago about Simon wanting her for the X Factor.

It could have been drugs, it could have been something completely unrelated. Either way, another extreme talent is gone far too soon. Despite all her troubles she had later in life, she'll be remembered forever for the talent she had, and the award winning music she came out with. I'm sure it'll be the typical tabloid field day no matter what the cause of death, however.

RIP Whitney, and many prayers to your family and loved ones

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought she looked like she looked like she had been in a fight....and high.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread