+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree864Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Ben Gazzara has died: Ben Gazzara Dies at 81 | The Wrap Movies

While he had so many roles in MUCH better movies, I remember him most vividly as the baddie in Road House.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Ben Gazzara was a wonderful actor. I remember him in so many varied roles and he was a part of the John Cassavetes, Gena Rowland, Peter Falk group. I also really liked his two early tv series, "Run For Your Life" and "Arrest and Trial."
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Ben Gazzara was a wonderful actor. I remember him in so many varied roles and he was a part of the John Cassavetes, Gena Rowland, Peter Falk group. I also really liked his two early tv series, "Run For Your Life" and "Arrest and Trial."
    Everyone who I used to consider younger actors are now old!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Ben Gazzara has died: Ben Gazzara Dies at 81 | The Wrap Movies

While he had so many roles in MUCH better movies, I remember him most vividly as the baddie in Road House.
    That was the first movie I thought of too. One of my favorites. I know it usually makes Worst Movies lists, but Patrick Swayze, Sam Elliot, Ben Gazzara. All 3 brought the macho to that movie.
    He'll be missed. I didn't realize he was that old.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I loved him in all the Cassavetes movies. They were all such great actors.
    RIP, Ben.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

HOLY S&*^!!!!

CNN is reporting that Whitney Houston is dead! No article yet. I'll look....

I'm totally shocked, in spite of all her drug use. WOW.

ETA: ABC News is confirming too: Whitney Houston, Superstar of Records, Films, Dies - ABC News

There's an article on TMZ as well. No real information, but I think it's safe to assume drugs may have played a part. I saw pics of her at an event within the last few days and she looked just gone. So sad. Such a waste. I hope there's someone in the family who can be an adult for Whitney's daughter. I don't think Bobby can.
    Last edited by Critical; 02-11-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

To the Point

Just coming to post that Critical. Hard to believe regardless of all the issues in her past.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Just refreshed my home page after catching up here and that's what I'm reading too Critical. Wow! She's just 3 months younger than me.

ABC news is saying it too.

Whitney Houston, Superstar of Records, Films, Dies - ABC News
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I just heard this. The last time we saw her, she actually looked good, really good. She never did really kick the drugs I guess

RIP Whitney

If I can find a link to the pics of her this weekend, I'll post it. She looked very drugged out to me.

+ Reply to Thread