+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree864Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

My gosh, it seems like so many celebrities have passed recently.

TMZ is reporting that "Family Circus" creator Bill Keane passed yesterday. 'Family Circus' Cartoonist Bil Keane -- Dead at 89 | TMZ.com
    I grew up reading "Family Circus." It seems like we always had at least one of his comics on the fridge.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    My gosh, it seems like so many celebrities have passed recently.

TMZ is reporting that "Family Circus" creator Bill Keane passed yesterday. 'Family Circus' Cartoonist Bil Keane -- Dead at 89 | TMZ.com
    I grew up reading "Family Circus." It seems like we always had at least one of his comics on the fridge.
    I loved Family Circus!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Actually, Mr. Rooney's friend was resuscitated and is in ICU at a New York hospital.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Actually, Mr. Rooney's friend was resuscitated and is in ICU at a New York hospital.
    I just saw they updated the story on TMZ. Apparently, Andy Rooney's son told the memorial guests that the man had died. I'm glad they were able to revive him. It must have been horribly upsetting and scary.

Andy Rooney's College Roommate Revived at Memorial | TMZ.com

Harry Morgan has passed away He lived a nice long life, but I'm still so sad. He was on my father's favorite show. I grew up watching him on M*A*S*H.

M*A*S*H Star Harry Morgan Dies -- Dead at 96 | TMZ.com

I loved watching him on tv over the years! He had a distinctive manner and style which I enjoyed watching. Sad to see him go.

I couldn't wait each week for M*A*S*H. He fit his character very well. Wow, 96 years of life! RIP Harry Morgan.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I hate to say it, but I thought he had already passed away. Regardless, 96 years!! Wow!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Oh I hate to hear that ... he was a great actor and man.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread