+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Andy Rooney, wry '60 Minutes' commentator, dies - Yahoo! News
    Even then, he said he wasn't retiring. Writers never retire. But his life after the end of "A Few Minutes With Andy Rooney" was short: He died Friday night, according to CBS, only a month after delivering his 1,097th and final televised commentary.

I will miss be able to complain about listening to him on Sunday nights.
    There's no place like home!

Just read about Andy Rooney on CNN.com. I had a feeling his job was what kept him going. His segments on 60 Minutes are a vivid memory from my childhood - my dad always watched the show, but I only watched Andy Rooney. I thought this was a nice obit: CBS commentator Andy Rooney dies at 92 - CNN.com

"That's the way to go," Safer said. "The only thing better than three weeks would have been three minutes."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Very efficient, Andy. Live your life YOUR way, retire, have a surgery and, shortly after, it's over. Pretty cool, if you ask me. Adios, my friend.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Just read about Andy Rooney on CNN.com. I had a feeling his job was what kept him going. His segments on 60 Minutes are a vivid memory from my childhood - my dad always watched the show, but I only watched Andy Rooney.
    Me too! I was sad to hear that he had passed.

CNN is reporting that boxing legend, Joe Frazier has passed from liver cancer: Former heavyweight boxing champ Frazier dies - CNN.com

It was only a few days ago that it was revealed that he was ill and apparently, the diagnosis was fairly recent. He was 67
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I knew about Andy Rooney. RIP.

Just heard about Mr. Frazier's illness. Sorry to hear that he, too, has passed.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Awww, so sad about Andy Rooney. I wasn't a fan or anything. I only watched 60 Minutes when I it was running late and I was waiting for the Amazing Race to start. It's just sad to me when people die so shortly after retiring. I guess I should be happy for him, though, because he lived his life as he wanted to. At least he got one month to himself before his time came.

Joe Frazier Dies

I don't need to forgive him for lashing out against Ali after the pointed and directed disrepect Ali tossed his way. Frazier later responded in kind.

AS WAS APPROPRIATE. (IMO)

Joe Frazier was my preferred champion archetype, much nore than Ali.

I regret his passing.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

TMZ is reporting that rapper Heavy D (real name Dwight Arrington) is dead at the age of 44.

Heavy D -- Dead at 44 | TMZ.com
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Looks like Heavy D may have died from complications of pneumonia! We sure are hearing more and more about pneumonia being a cause of death, lately. Sounds like we'd better be taking that pneumonia vaccine more seriously. It's no longer just killing the elderly.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread