+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree864Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

From my MacBook to your iPhone, chrisg, I love that ad campaign. (I kept hitting the "like" button; shocked that it doesn't say "veg_out" 97 times.)

Mr. Jobs: he changed the way we live, and I'm grateful.

R.i.P Steve Jobs. You will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family,friends and tons of fans. Glad you are not suffering anymore and are at peace with the Lord. You will continue to be a huge inspiration to millions for years to come.

From my iMac to all of you, I feel strangely like I did when Jim Henson died in his 50's - a creative genius has died way too young. Mr. Jobs has almost made me a hoarder. I hate throwing out the containers that Apple products are packaged in - they are things of beauty. I have loved having every Apple product that I scrimped and saved to buy (well, except for maybe the 5260 PowerMac from the 90's, but I don't blame SJ for that one, he may not have been back with the company yet).

I just now heard about Steve Jobs. He was far too young, but I'm not surprised. The last pictures I saw of him were heartbreaking. He was a wraith - his ankles were SO thin He certainly put up a good fight.

ETA: Statement from President Obama:
    "Michelle and I are saddened to learn of the passing of Steve Jobs. Steve was among the greatest of American innovators - brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it.

By building one of the planet’s most successful companies from his garage, he exemplified the spirit of American ingenuity.

By making computers personal and putting the Internet in our pockets, he made the information revolution not only accessible, but intuitive and fun. And by turning his talents to storytelling, he has brought joy to millions of children and grownups alike. Steve was fond of saying that he lived every day like it was his last. Because he did, he transformed our lives, redefined entire industries, and achieved one of the rarest feats in human history: he changed the way each of us sees the world."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

RIP Steve Jobs. Chrisg, I laughed when I saw your post. About a month ago, I saw a documentary on some of the biggest venture capitalists in the country - the guys that really started the industry. The documentary covered the companies they invested in. The last one covered was Apple, focusing on Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. They were both these crazy, hippie college kids when they started looking for VC money. It was funny - how many of the VC's interviewed said they didn't invest because of Steve Jobs - because he looked like a hippy, stoner, etc. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM said at the end that it was the biggest mistake they ever made in their careers! So your post about your framed sentiment fit Steve Jobs perfectly! He will be sorely missed.

I was sorry to hear last night about Steve Jobs. He was truly a visionary and was still so young. I haven't been a huge consumer of Apple products, but I do love my iPhone, and my iPod before that!! Thank you Steve Jobs for all you have brought to the technology industry!!

I would like to share my fav SNL skit about Steve Jobs - don't worry, it is in good taste!
    SNL Steve Jobs Spoof - MaxMouth
    (give the video a few seconds and it clears up)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, the question mark that lived over Steve Jobs's head has been removed, and replaced with a period. How wonderful that his existance on this earth was so meaningful. I am sure Wozniak is very wounded, but it is fantastic that he was blessed with a close friendship with this incredible human being.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Who wants to bet that our tv's will start airing Pirates of Silicon Valley pretty soon. I, for one hope they do; it was quite a good made for tv movie with Noah Wyle as Steve Jobs and Anthony Michael Hall as Bill Gates. It's been a long time since I've watched it and I'd enjoy seeing it again.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

This is terrible news. The Westboro people have announced that they are going to protest at Steve Job's funeral. The ironic twist: they announced that they would protest using Twitter from an iPhone.
    Westboro Baptist Church uses iPhone to announce protest at Steve Jobs’s funeral - Under God - The Washington Post

It's ridiculous - but it is the only way they can stay relevant. Sort of like that crazy preacher from Florida, who keeps coming here to Michigan to try and protest because of our high Muslim population. I always think that what would be awesome is if they staged a protest and no one came. They feed off the publicity - so don't give it to them and they will go away.

+ Reply to Thread