+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree814Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

I'm so sorry to hear about Andy Whitfield. I thought sure he would beat it. He was just much too young.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Another sad passing.. Andy Whitfield (Spartacus) died today at 37. Spartacus Star Andy Whitfield Dies at 39 - TVLine

So sad, he was way too young. At least Mr. Robertson led a long, good life.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I just heard about Andy Whitfield, and am shocked. He was young and fit, I really thought he would beat this! So sad.....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I always thought this woman was very pretty. "Ruth Martin".

Mary Fickett obituary: Longtime 'All My Children' actress dies at 83 - latimes.com
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I always thought this woman was very pretty. "Ruth Martin".

Mary Fickett obituary: Longtime 'All My Children' actress dies at 83 - latimes.com
    Wow, first AMC is gone in about a week and then this.

Oh no! I'm a longtime AMC fan and loved Mary Fickett. How ironic that she passed just as AMC is preparing to go off the air.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    A versatile actor has passed away: Cliff Robertson, dead at 88 (the day after his 88th birthday). Ironically, PT109 has been playing all weekend.
    A very talented actor will be missed. One of my favorites of his films was Charly, based on the novel Flowers for Algernon, for which he won the Oscar and Golden Globe.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Eleanor Mondale (daughter of Walter) and Kara Kennedy (daughter of Ted) both have died, both 51 years old.

Wow, I hadn't heard about Eleanor Mondale being ill. I remember how glamorous and smart she was.

Kara Kennedy was too young to die of a heart attack. In pictures, she looks much older, so I'm surprised to learn that she was only 51.

What an odd coincidence for both of them to pass so close to each other and at the same age.

Eleanor Mondale lost her battle with brain cancer after she had beat it once before (I had no idea). And Kara Kennedy had had lung cancer. Her heart gave out while she was at the gym.

+ Reply to Thread