+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 321 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree462Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;3206881;
    This was like losing my father all over again. For the last ten years I've noticed an eerie resemblence between them and it kind of helped when my father died to see Paul Newman as he aged. Now, I don't know. I'm at a loss for words.

Sorry for the double post, but this happens to me too!!!! When I see a man that would be the same age as my dad and kind of resembles him in some way it really freaks me out. My dad was a Paul Newman fan and I think of my dad when I think of Paul Newman. For me, it's Anthony Hopkins. Same mannerisms, probably around the same age? I don't know. Same way of speaking. Eerie.

RIP and thank you for the many gifts you have given us. Your contributions made the world a better place.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

R.I.P. Paul Newman. There will never EVER be another actor like you. You were in a class all by itself. We shall miss your brilliance and never forget the joy you brought to our lives with your films.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Re: Dan Fogelberg RIP

A sad goodbye to actress Eileen Herlie, perhaps best known as All My Children's Myrtle Fargate, a role she played for more than 30 years. Although I stopped watching soaps a few years ago, Myrtle was always a favorite character from her introduction as a fomer carnie. She died of pneumonia at the age of 90. An accomplished theater actress, many of us forget that she starred opposite Laurence Olivier as Queen Gertrude in the film version of Hamlet.

I shall miss her.
    Last edited by femme fatale; 10-10-2008 at 01:52 AM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I remember when she first was on the soap-it was such fun to watch her. Such a departure from the norm.

I heard about this on the AMC thread and I was so sad. I love Myrtle. I hope TPTB do her memory justice and give her a proper send-off befitting of this very classy lady.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Another sad good-bye to the very talented Edie Adams at 81. She was fantastic on Broadway, in television and in films. She was the original Daisy Mae in Broadway's L'il Abner; she starred with her amazing husband, comedian Ernie Kovas on TV, and did that marvelous commericial for Muriel cigars. I also loved her as Rebel Davis in the movie, Lover Come Back.

I remember when Ernie Kovacs was killed in a car crash, but did not recall that she also lost a 22 year old daughter to another one.

Here's a link for those who want to know more about her:

The Associated Press: Tony-winning actress, TV star Edie Adams dies
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I always thought Edie Adams was hot for an older woman. I loved Ernie Kovacs.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I grew up listening to the Four Tops-I used to lip sync before it was fashionable to do it-I love their music to this day!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I always preferred The Four Tops over The Temptations, but I loved them both! I've got a great anthology CD of The Four Tops; guess I know what I'll be listening to today!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread