+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree842Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Rest In Peace.

I doubt that they are kind to anyone's face. I once saw a woman who looked 60, but was only 29. Meth addict. Scary.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It's very sad, but not surprising....it's also sad because it's not surprising. She had been on my death pool for several years.

I don't think the inevitable comparisons to Jim, Janis and Jimi (and Kurt) are necessarily fair. Those artists - especially the first 3 - had HUGE careers and did so much more than Amy ever did. All four are, arguably, iconoclasts. Sadly, Amy never fulfilled the promise shown in "Back to Black" before she descended into addiction. Unfortunately, she's more of a cautionary tale than anything else. By the time most people had heard of her, it was less for her music than for her addiction and public misbehavior.
    Amy Winehouse had a blazing career before her descent, and while not as well known in America, she was an international star. The litany of her awards is fairly stunning, and her music was critically acclaimed. I think her career and success closely parallels Joplin's.

Amy Winehouse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We lost them both too soon.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Francesco Quinn, an actor and a son of the late Anthony Quinn, died of an apparent heart attack near his Malibu, Calif., home on Friday night, according to PEOPLE magazine.

The 48-year-old Quinn was reportedly running when he collapsed, and attempts to revive him by a neighbor failed. PEOPLE cites a report by the Malibu Patch, a local newspaper.

Quinn had a role in Oliver Stone's 1986 "Platoon" as the drug dealer Rhah. He later appeared on such TV series as "The Young and the Restless," "NCIS," "ER" and "24,"according to PEOPLE.

He is survived by his wife Valentina Castellani-Quinn and three children.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Wow, he was SO young. The article I read said he was running and playing with his son when it happened.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Oh, no. I hope his son is okay--how frightening for him.

Forty-eight is young, but you never know. I knew someone who was in his late twenties and had gone to the Mayo Clinic because of problems with double vision that his doctor couldn't diagnose. He literally dropped over dead in the waiting room at the Mayo Clinic--where there was about as much medical help available as you could possibly want in an emergency situation--of a very rare, undiagnosed congenital heart defect. It had been missed simply because it was the kind of thing that you don't find unless you're looking for it and that doesn't generally present much in the way of symptoms until it's too late.

There's also the pairs skater Sergei Gringkhov, who dropped over in the middle of a Stars on Ice rehearsal, in his late twenties. He was in tremendous physical shape and had just passed a physical, but again, it was some rare condition he'd probably had for a long time that wasn't caught because it was so unusual. Thank heavens he wasn't doing a lift at the time, or his partner/wife, would have crashed to the ice as well.

I was saddened to hear of Francesco Quinn's death. I started watching the British tv series, Zen, on Masterpiece Mystery, just a few weeks ago in which he had a role. He looked so much like his father that you'd have known who he was even without the credits.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

A nice tribute to Francesco Quinn on CNN.com with very recent pics of him with his son and daughter:

Actor Francesco Quinn dies at 48. Loving Husband, Devoted Father, and Son of Anthony Quinn - CNN iReport

His children are very young
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Just read that the lead singer of Warrant was found dead in his hotel room.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

RIP Jani Lane ♫ Heaven isn't too far away..... ♫

+ Reply to Thread