+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

So much talent, wasted. RIP Amy.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Wow...just heard about Amy Winehouse on the radio. The sad thing is, everyone saw this coming about three years ago. So young, so talented...so tragic.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Amy lasted waaaay longer that I thought she would. In my opinion, she was on a mission to die. She has found peace, at last, and that's a good thing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree, Amy's death is not a shocker, and yet I was still a little shocked. So very sad. May she finally rest in peace.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Not shocked, but it is still so sad... she was so talented, I loved her music. Now at 27 isn't she the same age as Jimi, Jim and Janis when they died?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Kiz

It's such a shame when a person's rock bottom is death. May she rest in peace.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Surprised? Yes. Shocked? No. I am not a fan of Amy's music . . . not at all, but I will say that she had talent (it just wasn't my cup of tea). How sad that, give sooooo many chances, she could not pull it together.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Janis, Jim, and Jimi did die at 27. The first article I read about her death mentioned she's now a member of the "27 Club". It is such a shame. After seeing that concert of her in Russia, I think it was (she couldn't even finish her performance, got booed, and someone had to help her off stage). She looked the worst I had seen her in a long time. So talented and young, and something different to offer. It's such a shame when we lose people in general, but especially so young, and to something like an overdose. I do hope Amy can now be at peace.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Just saw the news about Amy's passing on my Yahoo home page. Like everyone mentioned I guess it wasn't shocking considering the shape she'd been in the last few years, but still, when anyone dies so young it still is tragic. It's so sad that she was unable to shake the demons possessing her and beat her addictions. Compounding the loss is the sadness knowing we will never, ever hear any more music from her again. I absolutely adore her Back to Black CD- not one clinker on the entire CD. May she rest in peace.

It's very sad, but not surprising....it's also sad because it's not surprising. She had been on my death pool for several years.

I don't think the inevitable comparisons to Jim, Janis and Jimi (and Kurt) are necessarily fair. Those artists - especially the first 3 - had HUGE careers and did so much more than Amy ever did. All four are, arguably, iconoclasts. Sadly, Amy never fulfilled the promise shown in "Back to Black" before she descended into addiction. Unfortunately, she's more of a cautionary tale than anything else. By the time most people had heard of her, it was less for her music than for her addiction and public misbehavior.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread