Like Tree719Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

FORT Fanatic

Re: Rest In Peace.

Job well done. RIP Big Man.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The last I saw of him live was during the Lady GaGa routine on American Idol Finale night. The last time I "saw" him was in the video for the same song which played on SYTYCD last week's Results show.

When I saw him on AI I broke out a Springsteen disc - memories. Take your rest, and may it be in peace.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Hopefully our youth will understand the devastation of drinking and driving now that Ryan Dunn has passed away in one of the most horrible ways. He crashed his Porsche this morning and it burst into flames. A few hours before he tweeted a picture of himself and others drinking at a bar. RIP Ryan, hopefully there is a Jackass heaven.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Hopefully our youth will understand the devastation of drinking and driving now that Ryan Dunn has passed away in one of the most horrible ways. He crashed his Porsche this morning and it burst into flames. A few hours before he tweeted a picture of himself and others drinking at a bar. RIP Ryan, hopefully there is a Jackass heaven.
    I just had to add that people in the media who are bashing him and saying he deserved it, etc...... they should think about the fact that bashing someone who is dead isn't going to effect them, it's going to effect the people who are grieving and it needs to stop. I understand the antics of these guys are questionable at best. I understand the passenger died as well. The media needs to let all of the family and friends get over the shock and come to terms on their own. Too many people are quick to judge based on things seen in media. Yes, he tweeted a pic at the bar... yes, he drove a very fast car. Yes, he probably was irresponsible and it led to the death of himself and his friend but have some compassion for his family and friends. The dead can no longer feel, it's the living who feel everything that is out there.

Ok, rant over.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fanatic

I totally agree with what you are saying Buglover. On the one hand this man had a family and friends who are not dealing with his death. A death way too young and horrific to imagine. Bashing him for drinking and driving isnt right no matter the length of time that has past. He is dead.
    However, way I took the Rodger Ebert tweet was not meant to bash Ryan. I think it was meant to point out in the most graphic terms just what the effects of drinking and driving are on everyone. Sometimes the only way to get through to some people is to hit them hard with something so aweful that they wake up and stop their behavior. Maybe it was too soon, maybe it was just in time to save one live. I dont know.

LG.

Dunn is not "lucky" because he is dead, but his family is certainly lucky that he didn't run his car into a family driving on a family trip and kill some kids and their parents or anyone else who in no way participated in Dunn's choice to drink and drive. His passenger is not "lucky" because he or she is also dead, but at least he or she made a choice to get into Dunn's car with a drunk driver. Bystanders and other drivers have no choice. Dunn made choices - really stupid choices. I applaud Ebert for not backing down. If Dunn had somehow survived this crash but his passenger hadn't, he would be facing criminal charges now. Nick Hogan went to jail for ruining his friend's life with his stupid driving. One person's driver's license is not a license to kill. You need to take that responsibility seriously.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I agree, I got where Ebert was coming from. Some call it insensitive, but for the fact that this guy was celebrating being wasted, then gets in a car that could endanger/kill innocent people out there, well in my book it makes him a Jack---. I feel for his family and the family of the passenger, but he chose his fate. If he had hit and killed a family, well they wouldn't have chosen that fate. And as LG said, if he lived he would be in big doo doo right now.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

According to a news report tonight, he was drunk...more than twice the legal limit allowed in PA. (The rest of the toxicology report won't be finished for another month or so.) It also said that he'd been stopped (and arrested? don't remember) several times over the last 5 years. Once, he was on probation and lost his license for a year.

And I had no problem with Ebert's tweet.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Awww goodbye Colombo, another victim of Alzheimers.

+ Reply to Thread