+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 320 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree456Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

I was so saddened to hear about Paul Newman. What a huge loss. He lived a very full life and accomplished a lot, most of all a 50 year marriage. May those beautiful eyes R.I.P. Mr. Newman.

OMGosh! I can't believe it. He's such an icon of film, racing, charitable organizations, ... I was lucky to see him (from a great distance) at the Champ Car races held in town a few years ago. His Newman-Haas drivers were competing. It was awesome just to know he was here and was very generous to the media and public.

Paul Newman, was part of a winning racing team in Daytona in 1995, becoming the oldest driver ever to clock a win.

I loved him and Joanne Woodward. I loved his movies. I love his salad dressings.

My he rest in peace. My condolences to his family.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My Paul Newman story? I once saw him in the produce section at the grocery store, trying to select a melon-- specifically, holding the melon up to his ear and shaking it. I was young and had no idea how one selected melons, so I leaned over and whispered to my dad, "Look at that guy over there shaking melons." My dad looks, turns to me and says, "That's Paul Newman." I couldn't believe it. That was probably about fifteen years ago.

A local obit

Thank you Mr. Newman. Godspeed.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I met him when I was very, very young and he was campaigning for a candidate. As I was way too young to vote, I cannot even remember who the candidate was. I just remember that he seemed to be a very down to earth guy and had those incredibly piercing blue eyes. He did so much with his celebrity by investing all the food proceeds into charities. RIP, Mr. Newman, you were truly a class act.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

I'm so sad to hear about Paul Newman's passing. God Bless him and his family.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

This was like losing my father all over again. For the last ten years I've noticed an eerie resemblence between them and it kind of helped when my father died to see Paul Newman as he aged. Now, I don't know. I'm at a loss for words.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

What a sad day. I think of all the good he did for others. What a remarkable life!

How incredibly sad. He was such a wonderful man inside and out! He will be missed by all.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Aww, I really liked Paul Newman's work and his grocery items, too!

I remember reading something about how he got his big break by filling in on roles that were meant for James Dean. Dean died and he got the parts instead and it went from there. Very cool story (though depressed that Dean died because he was meant to be my future husband and all. )

He was a legend and will be greatly missed.

+ Reply to Thread