+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree799Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

I remember him from The Little Rascals/Our Gang series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I remember the People's Choice.
    Wasn't that the show with the dog named Cleo?
    Loved it.
    RIP, Mr. Cooper.
    Yes, it was. Cleo was adorable. And I think Patricia Breslin was his co-star.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I remember both Peoples' Choice and Hennesey, more Hennesey than Peoples Choice. I think Hennesey was the first series I can remember where they kept the male & female leads apart until the final season when they married them off. Abby Dalton was his costar, if I remember right.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Yes, it was Abby Dalton in Hennessey. I think it might have been the first thing I really remember her from. Her daughter, Kathleen Kinmont was one of Lorenzo Lamas' wives.

Two more sad announcements today.

We lost actress Sada Thompson, probably remembered most for tv's Family and for her Tony award winning performance in Twigs.

Also gone is golfer Seve Ballesteros, a gifted and always entertaining golfer and a true gentleman of the game.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    We lost actress Sada Thompson, probably remembered most for tv's Family and for her Tony award winning performance in Twigs.
    I remember her most from Family (with a very young Kristy McNichol). I remember her always being so calm no matter what was going on in her tv family.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I just saw that. Even reading her name takes me back to early TV family times when we all gathered to watch Lawrence Welk and his champagne music. Thank you, Norma, for a happy memory.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Yes, it was. Cleo was adorable. And I think Patricia Breslin was his co-star.
    Thanks, Florimel.

Now I remember Patricia Breslin, too.

I am so sorry to hear about Sada THompson.
    Family was my favorite show back in the 80's. What a terrific actress she was.
    RIP.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Harmon Killebrew, the pride of the Minnesota Twins and a first class human being as well as a first class ball player, has passed away at his home in Arizona of cancer. He had announced he was entering hospice care, a cause he had supported for over a decade, last Friday.

Killebrew hit 573 home runs in his career and is eleventh of the list of all time home run hitters (or fifth on the list of those who hit their homers without the use of steroids). He was also the first Minnesota Twin to make the Hall of Fame.

I watched him play at the old Met Stadium when I was a kid and met him as an adult. He truly was a gracious, unassuming guy. I heard someone ask him what his most memorable moment in baseball was, and he replied that it was every day that he got to go to a ballpark, put on a major league uniform, and get paid to play a game he'd have played for free.

Too bad there aren't more around like him today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Harmon Killebrew, the pride of the Minnesota Twins and a first class human being as well as a first class ball player, has passed away at his home in Arizona of cancer. He had announced he was entering hospice care, a cause he had supported for over a decade, last Friday.

Killebrew hit 573 home runs in his career and is eleventh of the list of all time home run hitters (or fifth on the list of those who hit their homers without the use of steroids). He was also the first Minnesota Twin to make the Hall of Fame.

I watched him play at the old Met Stadium when I was a kid and met him as an adult. He truly was a gracious, unassuming guy. I heard someone ask him what his most memorable moment in baseball was, and he replied that it was every day that he got to go to a ballpark, put on a major league uniform, and get paid to play a game he'd have played for free.

Too bad there aren't more around like him today.
    It certainly is. These were the men who played for the love of the game. I'm a lifelong Yankees fan, but I can appreciate and celebrate the talent of a gifted player from any team -- yes, even the Red Sox -- because I love the game itself.

+ Reply to Thread