+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

The news stated that the cemetery had been "poised" for protesters, but none materialized.
    Thank heaven.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The funeral is over. It was held the day after she died, in keeping with Jewish tradition.
    I read that she also scheduled her limo to arrive 15 minutes after the service was to begin, in keeping with her tradition of arriving "fashionably late". Truly, a GRAND woman who had a final chuckle at her own funeral.

https://www.examiner.com/women-enter...uneral-video-1
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Psst! Post # 1138!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Strangers on a Train was one of yfavorite Hitchcock movies ever.
    Farley Granger was a terrific actor.
    Glad to see he lived a long life. RIP

People magazine has a HUGE spread on Miss Taylor. I never get mine before Friday but it arrived in the mail today. She takes up the whole cover, as well. The cover is gorgeous.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Farley Granger was a good actor and very nice to look at, too. He's quite nice looking in the older man picture above, too. I also loved Strangers on a Train, through there were not too many Hitchcock movies I didn't like.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Film director Sidney Lumet dies

April 9th, 2011 02:09 PM ET

Sidney Lumet, director of the classic films "12 Angry Men," "Dog Day Afternoon" and "Network," died early Saturday of lymphoma, his family said. He was 86.

Lumet received Academy Award nominations for best director for all of those films, as well as "The Verdict," but never won one, according to the Internet Movie Database. He received a best-writing nomination for "Prince of the City." He was awarded an honorary Oscar in 2005.

"While the goal of all movies is to entertain, the kind of film in which I believe goes one step further. It compels the spectator to examine one facet or another of his own conscience. It stimulates thought and sets the mental juices flowing," Lumet once wrote, according to The New York Times.

Other notable films Lumet directed, according to imdb, include "Fail Safe," "The Group," "Murder on the Orient Express," "Serpico," "The Wiz," and "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead."
    Film director Sidney Lumet dies – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

ETA: A much better obit here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_847014.html
    Last edited by Critical; 04-09-2011 at 04:17 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

What a body of work that man had!!
    And to think that he was never even rewarded with an Oscar?!!
    Network and 12 Angry Men are probably 2 of the finest films ever made, IMO.
    How a director like Kevin Costner, or even James Cameron, can win for the **** they made and this man never did!
    Sorry, but it's just mind boggling to me!

RIP, Mr. Lumet

One of my first crushes when I first realized men were pretty darn cute!

"Horses".' star Michael Sarrazin dies at 70
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread