+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree800Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

FORT Fanatic

Re: Rest In Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Woke up this morning to hear Liz Taylor had passed. What a beauty she was with her dark hair and violet eyes. She certainly lived life to the fullest and devoted her later years to her charitable organization for AIDS. I feel like it's the end of an era with her passing. May she rest in peace.
    So agreed! Good job, Elizabeth rest in peace.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

She is finally at peace now . . . so much pain and suffering lately for her.

The men she knew - the friends who confided in her - the things that surely went on "behind the scenes" . . . . imagine the secrets she took with her!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

She married the men she slept with, a rare thing nowadays. She cared for those with AIDS whom the public shunned. She endured illnesses, mockery and the hollywood star system. She was gorgeous, warm and funny.

RIP Elizabeth...
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Vale, Liz. We love you!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Such sad news to hear about Liz Taylor. She lived a full life. I rmember how her and Michael Jackson were such close friends. Now they're both gone.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fanatic

My Dad told me today that he was secretly in love with Ms. Taylor. My mom smiled slightly and told me later that she secretlly loved Ms. Taylor too.
    The movies that my parents watched with her, when both her and they were younger, make me understand their infatuation. She was truely beautiful inside and out.
    My dad said she is immortal.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I'm so sad to hear about this. What a beautiful lady, who was such an advocate for AIDS and gay rights. To be so beautiful on the inside and out... She will be missed.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

What surprised me was that the news said Liz Taylor was only 79 yrs old, I thought she had been around much longer.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

That woman truly represented the face of AIDS and advocated for the LGBT community. She stood up for her long time friends, Montgomery Clift and Rock Hudson, at a time when homosexuality was so frowned upon and misunderstood. What a lady!

I remember when I was really, really young and my grandmother took my sister and I to see Butterfield 8. My grandmother carried her omnipresent shopping bag with her, out of which she pulled hamburgers for my sister and me. She then proclaimed how she loved that Butterfield 8 was a real family movie!!
    We always wondered if my beloved grandmother was extremely naive, or just had the greatest sense of humor ever!

RIP, Ms. Taylor, you were truly one of a kind.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Liz, Liz, Liz....you had a good run. Happy trails, dear.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread