+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 351 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree842Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

I'm going to miss those blue eyes. I'll continue to buy his food products because all proceeds go to charity, and they're actually tasty products. RIP Mr. Newman .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I was shocked too, when I heard. It's strange how someone who is such an American icon like Paul Newman can make people grieve his loss almost as if a member of their own family had died. He was very well respected as an actor and as an honorable human being. He will surely be missed.

Oh, that is too sad. He was such a classy stand-up guy, and a wonderful actor.

Premium Member

The thing I admired most about him was his long, happy marriage to Joanne Woodword. I found this blog that had posted a tribute for their 50th wedding anniversary earlier this year.

Paul Newman, 1925-2008 | The Daily Mirror | Los Angeles Times

I am so saddened by this loss. He was such a great human being - not too many like him out there, unfortunately. He always made you want to do just a little more to help others, you know? My heart goes out to Joanne and their family - may he rest in peace.

Thanks for that link, Marley! I had not seen those photos before, and that was such a touching tribute.
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 09-27-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Both he and Joanne have done so much for the community, and especially local theater. It's a sad, sad day, although from what I'd been hearing, the end was coming. Rest in peace.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Exactly. This is not a shock. He's been struggling. Now he's struggle-free.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The rumors about his illness have been around for a while. He looked so frail in the last photo I saw of him. I actually met him MANY years ago when he was filming Silent Movie. He could not have been kinder to a little kid. He will be missed.

R.I.P Cool Hand Luke
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

MRD

This one hit hard. Such a great actor, great man, wonderful example of how NOT to act all Hollywood, like so many actors have done.
    I wanted to cry when I read this.

We were just talking about him last night as we went to a production at the little theater in our town and his wife, Joanne Woodward, actually got her start at that theatre and there is an acting award named for her for local actors. But it just seems strange to have been talking about he and his wife last night and to find this out today.

So MANY great roles he had, such a classy gentleman. He will be greatly missed.

Rest in Peace, Butch, Gondorrf, Brick, and Cool Hand Luke.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

So sad. Rest in peace, Mr. Newman.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread