+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree456Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

FORT Fogey

Re: Rest In Peace.

Elizabeth's passing made me tear up. I just feel so badly for what she has been through, and what her children are continuing to go through. It feels like when the Reeves both passed so closely, and their son was in such a bad place. I lost a parent young, and it really and truly never does get easier. Thirty years later, and I still feel the pain very intensely. Hopefully at least she found some peace she did not seem to get here in the last few years.

So now the Westboro Church plans to picket her funeral and say she's in Hell where she belongs, and plan on holding signs saying "Thank God for Breast Cancer" - what kind of complete sickness festers in these people? How does that happen? I am almost in tears thinking her young children might witness this hatred and disgusting behaviour. I can only hope the police can keep these people contained somehow? Can nothing be done to stop this kind of thing?
    Valar Morghulis

Unfortunately it can't. I just wish they would go away. People are hurting enough without worrying about these idiots showing up at the funerals.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;4124245;
    So now the Westboro Church plans to picket her funeral and say she's in Hell where she belongs, and plan on holding signs saying "Thank God for Breast Cancer" - what kind of complete sickness festers in these people? How does that happen? I am almost in tears thinking her young children might witness this hatred and disgusting behaviour. I can only hope the police can keep these people contained somehow? Can nothing be done to stop this kind of thing?
    First off, this shocks me that a Church would do something so hatefull & cruel. I know, it shouldn't. I'm not naive. A lot of sick stuff is done in the name of "Religious" beliefs, but I'm still shocked every time I read something like this. Whatever happened to "Love Thy Neighbor"?

Second, what on earth did Elizabeth Edwards do to give them any cause to do something like this? I don't know of anything she's ever done to even slightly give hard feelings.
    Her husband, yes, althought even then, not to cause this kind of hatred & maliciousness.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;4124290;
    First off, this shocks me that a Church would do something so hatefull & cruel. I know, it shouldn't. I'm not naive. A lot of sick stuff is done in the name of "Religious" beliefs, but I'm still shocked every time I read something like this. Whatever happened to "Love Thy Neighbor"?

Second, what on earth did Elizabeth Edwards do to give them any cause to do something like this? I don't know of anything she's ever done to even slightly give hard feelings.
    Her husband, yes, althought even then, not to cause this kind of hatred & maliciousness.

Westboro is not normal. These people protest military funerals for reasons totally unrelated to the deceased. I would hesitate to even call them religious. They call themselves that to further their idiotic ideas. It is people like these that give the majority of Christians a bad name.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Absolutely they are not normal, and even the term "church" is a fallacy. It's made up of Fred Phelps' own family members, and they want exposure on television more than anything else. They are a sickening, hateful cult. The more we ignore them, the better.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

There have been times when they were scheduled to show up at a funeral and were surrounded by many more bikers who were there to protect the respect of the deceased and those in mourning.

I am a Christian and have attended a Baptist church my whole life and these nutjobs in no way represent me or anyone I know.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

They aren't Christians, as far as I'm concerned. Anyone who could preach such hate and intolerance with such glee is so far from living a Christian life. Unfortunately, they shield themselves under the cloak of "religion" when really they are nothing more than a deranged cult.
    Valar Morghulis

Goodbye to another of the great movie makers, Blake Edwards. His body of work is outstanding.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/17/movies/17edwards.html?ref=arts
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

And farewell to a terrific pitcher and hall of famer as well. The Cleveland Indians' Bob Feller died of leukemia.

+ Reply to Thread