+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4584Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I thought it was particularly disturbing that when Justin Bieber was released from jail, there was a huge crowd of screaming girls there. Now, had they been screaming, "How could you be so DUMB?!" that would have been one thing. But they seemed to be screaming out in adoration instead. What does it say that all those girls didn't seem disturbed in the least that he'd been driving under the influence, that he'd been driving way over the speed limit for that area, that he was apparently under the influence of both drugs and booze, and that he was dropping f-bombs at his arrest? Are they pinning up copies of his smiling mugshot on their bulletin boards too? What does it take to disillusion them? For that matter, how did they all get there? They didn't all look old enough to drive, and I doubt all of them were within walking distance or took public transportation. Please tell me their parents weren't driving them to jail to get a look at their idle idol.

I wonder what Bieber's reaction would have been if, instead of screaming out his name, they'd have turned their backs and stood there in silence. I realize that kind of organized silent protest would be asking a lot of teenagers, so it's not as if I'd expect it, but I just wonder if that would have sobered him up, so to speak.
    I wasn't going to wade in here, but what the hell.

The Beatles' Arrest History: Their Not-So-Fab Brushes With the Law

I picked the Beatles because we ALL know that their fans were spectacularly devoted and vocal. Regardless of what they did off-stage. Oh, speaking of...

Trial of Michael Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, this is a little more interesting because Bieber is apparently comparing himself to Jackson.

Justin Bieber Compares Himself to Michael Jackson After Arrest: Photo - Us Weekly

My point is that if we are going to limit our fandom to artists, athletes, actors and musicians who are without sin, we're not going to be listening to a whole lot of music, reading too many books, watching/following sports, or admiring visual arts. So the question is, not why Bieber's fans support him, but why wouldn't Bieber's fans support him?

Asking these fans to turn their back on him is not right. They listen to his music, they gaze at his pictures, they daydream while his songs play. You may not like it but his music is the soundtrack to their childhood/tween/teen years. It will be part of their memories. It will play in their minds when they remember a best friend, a first kiss, a broken heart, a fight with their parents. The music I listened to when I was growing up is a part of my heart. And Justin Bieber's fans will remember his music, not his arrest record - the same as Beatles' fans and Michael Jackson's fans.
    Punkin, JunkieGirl and MsDiva2007 like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I thought it was particularly disturbing that when Justin Bieber was released from jail, there was a huge crowd of screaming girls there. Now, had they been screaming, "How could you be so DUMB?!" that would have been one thing. But they seemed to be screaming out in adoration instead. What does it say that all those girls didn't seem disturbed in the least that he'd been driving under the influence, that he'd been driving way over the speed limit for that area, that he was apparently under the influence of both drugs and booze, and that he was dropping f-bombs at his arrest? Are they pinning up copies of his smiling mugshot on their bulletin boards too? What does it take to disillusion them? For that matter, how did they all get there? They didn't all look old enough to drive, and I doubt all of them were within walking distance or took public transportation. Please tell me their parents weren't driving them to jail to get a look at their idle idol.

I wonder what Bieber's reaction would have been if, instead of screaming out his name, they'd have turned their backs and stood there in silence. I realize that kind of organized silent protest would be asking a lot of teenagers, so it's not as if I'd expect it, but I just wonder if that would have sobered him up, so to speak.
    They are all delusional and ignorant idiots who feed Bieber's arrogance and do nothing positive for themselves. People who let their wet pants take over their heads.

I despise every single one of them and they all anger me x 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I wasn't going to wade in here, but what the hell.

The Beatles' Arrest History: Their Not-So-Fab Brushes With the Law

I picked the Beatles because we ALL know that their fans were spectacularly devoted and vocal. Regardless of what they did off-stage. Oh, speaking of...

Trial of Michael Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, this is a little more interesting because Bieber is apparently comparing himself to Jackson.

Justin Bieber Compares Himself to Michael Jackson After Arrest: Photo - Us Weekly

My point is that if we are going to limit our fandom to artists, athletes, actors and musicians who are without sin, we're not going to be listening to a whole lot of music, reading too many books, watching/following sports, or admiring visual arts. So the question is, not why Bieber's fans support him, but why wouldn't Bieber's fans support him?

Asking these fans to turn their back on him is not right. They listen to his music, they gaze at his pictures, they daydream while his songs play. You may not like it but his music is the soundtrack to their childhood/tween/teen years. It will be part of their memories. It will play in their minds when they remember a best friend, a first kiss, a broken heart, a fight with their parents. The music I listened to when I was growing up is a part of my heart. And Justin Bieber's fans will remember his music, not his arrest record - the same as Beatles' fans and Michael Jackson's fans.
    Ah yes the Beatles, I loved them too much to care
    Punkin and libgirl2 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I just saw on tv that Canadian radio stations are banning Beiber music in an attempt to help him wake up and get some help. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm sick of the kid, but I'm a free speech supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I just saw on tv that Canadian radio stations are banning Beiber music in an attempt to help him wake up and get some help. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm sick of the kid, but I'm a free speech supporter.
    One radio station in Ottawa is doing it. Not any others that I'm aware of. Kind of a silly "protest" - more likely to lose listeners than to gain them.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Stupid idea, so they change to another station
    -Andy Rooney-

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I got a chuckle out of this. Hope you do too:

beiber virus.jpg
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

LOL Good one Little Sew&Sew..
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

There is now a petition online to have Bieber deported. If this is what the gov't concerns themselves with then I don't know what to say. All I know is that the Canadian Border Service has turned down many musicians from entering the country for DUI convictions from 30 years ago. I would imagine that Beiber will have trouble for entering many countries and for many years to come. But his not-fully-developed brain cannot comprehend long term future consequences.
    Punkin likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I find the jokes about Miley and Justin resembling so much amusing. Have they ever been seen in the same room at the same time? It makes me wonder.....................lol
    Punkin, NCLurker, AmyKay and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread