+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5243Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Everything about Justin Bieber and what he stands for pisses me off on a personal level. People like him get stuff a lot of us "regular" people can only dream of.
    My mom taught me a lesson that I am truly grateful for today. I was told that never envy someone else's success. Go out find the thing you love to do that will garner you the assets to get those things you want so badly. I was told to harness my energy and insist upon making my dreams come true,not try to live someone else's dream. I taught this to my son as well.

Life is not fair we all can't be that rich guy or girl monetarily,but we can be rich in self esteem and happiness. Money doesn't make happiness just read through this thread to find the truth in that.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    And like, jerks like him can get any beautiful girl they want yet someone like me can't. What, do I need do be an a-hole who looks like him to have one?
    Nah.

YOUR time is coming.

HIS is just about OUT, I do believe.
    MsDiva2007 and Coco46 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

In all fairness, he's rich, famous and good looking. Of course women will be drawn to that, regardless of any negative qualities he may have. It's like how men are drawn to women solely because of their looks. It's just the way it is.
    Last edited by Critical; 01-25-2014 at 01:44 AM.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Currently his Facebook page is being taken over by desperate and naive teenage girls who are professing their everlasting love for Bieber and are crying in happiness that he got released. Thankfully, at the same time, smart people with common sense are also posting who are disapproving of Justin Bieber in whole. I am enraged at the former.

In all fairness, he's rich, famous and good looking. Of course women will be drawn to that, regardless of any negative qualities he may have. It's like how men are drawn to women solely because of their looks. It's just the way it is.
    That's part of why I hate people and why life isn't fair.

Life isn't fair. The sooner you figure that out and come to grips with it, the happier you'll be.
    I don't really see what the hoopla over JB is. It's not like he's the first celeb to do drugs and act out and get away with it with their fans intact. The difference between him and people like Paula Deen is that he's not insulting a whole demographic of people in the process. Any celeb driving impaired could potentially hurt or kill an innocent. But the rules DON'T apply to them for whatever reason. Look at Lindsay Lohan. No real punishment for multiple offenses and no crumb of regret on her part. Expect to see more of the same out of Bieber indefinitely.
    waywyrd and MsDiva2007 like this.
    Count your blessings!

Most of the celebrities who get into trouble mostly hurt themselves. They do not commit ongoing acts of outrageous vandalism. This boy has turned into a sociopath. Perhaps he always had those tendences, but now he has the wherewithal to act on them.

He needs to just go away. Incidentally I don't wish him back on Canada. They don't deserve to be stuck with that. Neither do we. Too bad we can't deport him off the planet.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I will take him over that oddity Lohan and her family.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I know everyone here is going to come down on me after I say this so I am just going to say it and then not come back to this thread! Why is everyone being so hard on Justin Bieber but they are okay with allowing marijuana to be legalized? And I'm not singling anyone out here, I can't remember who said what. But am I the only who sees that this is EXACTLY what happens?! He was a perfectly nice kid until he got into "stuff" and now look at how it's destroying him and his family! Instead of going up one side and down the other of a boy whose brain isn't even fully developed yet, why don't we focus on the real issue?!
    captain likes this.

I don't think the two issues are related. I've known a lot of people who smoked pot and none of them egged houses or went drag racing.
    Count your blessings!

I think you're missing the point. No one is criticizing Bieber for just smoking pot (or maybe I missed that). If that was all he was doing, I wouldn't care. I think it should be legal anyway. My issue is his douchebaggy behavior - the underage drinking, reckless driving, taking illegal drugs, damaging property, swearing at people and calling them names, acting like he's the center of the universe and treating other people like they're dirt (ex: peeing in the mop bucket and saying "F--- Bill Clinton" OR mocking a fan on the beach and calling her fat), claiming he's a Christian and then visiting whorehouses.....I could go on. It's not just ONE thing, it's the sum of them.

He's one of those people who made too much money WAY too young and he clearly thinks he's a special snowflake who's better than everyone else and can behave however he wants without any consequences. I happen to be a person who hopes he becomes acquainted with some consequences. Soon.

Really, I think that, in 20 yeas, Bieber will be a foot note. We'll see him on "Where Are They Now?" specials. He's going to go the way of so many of those teen singer heartthrobs. Anyone remember Leif Garrett?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread