+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4954Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    You've apparently never had a child who was bullied. I have. By the type I described above. I would have loved to see them sent annonymous poo, sanitary or not.
    I don't have kids (although my nephew was horribly bullied), but I still don't believe the response to bullying is to become a bully yourself. Verbal (or Twitter) bullying is a pattern with Charlie. It's not acceptable. The poo stunt was over-the-top and immature and negated any valid point he was trying to make.
    Punkin, tapper01 and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Does Denise make enough money to raise those kids without his help? I doubt it.

I never was a huge fan of her acting - and I certainly questioned her taste when she got involved with Charlie - but what she's doing for those kids is incredibly admirable. At least they have one person in their corner who cares about their welfare.
    Besides that, they are Charlie's kids. He should kick in the money to help raise them.

I agree, she is doing an admirable thing taking care of them. Good for her.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Bullying question......do kids who are bullied tend to be over-protected or over-mothered? I've wondered that for a while and now, I'm looking for opinions.

I remember my child having one episode of bullying in early grade school. I stayed out of it until my son said that he needed for me to step in, but I left it up to him to request my help. I showed up, totally unexpected, just for a show of force and for the bullies to realize that my son did, indeed have "back up", asked a couple of questions in a rather elevated voice, and that was the last I heard of that. In a way, it was hilarious, but it nipped it in the bud! I had tried to prepare my son for a fight, but he was/is just not the fighting type, thank goodness. Heck, we even hid a stick, for swinging purposes had it become necessary! When I saw he couldn't find it, that is when "SuperMom" showed up! My son and the bully are friendly, today.

I've never really been a fighter, either, but when it comes to your child.....it's a different issue. Or your older sister who is overly-bossy. Or the neighborhood bully who gets in your face.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I took a course recently on the difference between males and females. It was fascinating. Per this discussion, boys who are bullied tend to fight and then become friends. Girls go for the slow burn - social shunning, taunting and it won't stop. The book actually recommended sending your child to another school.
    Off topic - one of the things I found most interesting was that boys don't hear as well as girls which is why more boys are diagnosed with ADD in early schooling. Female teachers speak more softly. Boys can't hear them and seem to ignore them. When girls have male teachers, they think they are yelling at them because they talk louder.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Count your blessings!

The latest news about Justin Beiber is certainly no surprise. I read that there were many more drugs in the house, but police didn't charge him for their own reasons. Sounds suspect to me. AND that they have texted messags between the Beib and Selena were she calls him a drug addict. He calls her TERRIBLE things and tries to say she's nothing without him. Very mean. He also sends her photos of his junk. I wonder if all this stuff is really true.

I will never understand how the Biebs became such a "star" but I am sure enjoying watching his slide downward.

The latest Justin news today is that he pulled over in some nice neighborhood in Colorado and peed his initials into the snow.
    Punkin likes this.

Come on, Canada. You must have known this would happen. Who'd you pay to keep him from soiling your Provinces by shipping him down to the States? LOL

FORT Fogey

Every now and then we need someone like Justin to come along to confirm why for most people, the ability to earn a lot of money doesn't come until after we've matured!

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Come on, Canada. You must have known this would happen. Who'd you pay to keep him from soiling your Provinces by shipping him down to the States? LOL
    He was paid the big bucks and did what Canadians do, they move to the US( sorry)
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread