+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4745Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Kids jumping off balconies into pools just makes me cringe. They do not understand the dangers of spinal injury.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Kids jumping off balconies into pools just makes me cringe. They do not understand the dangers of spinal injury.
    NO, they don't.

Which is WHY there needs to be a responsible adult SOMEWHERE in the vicinity that can and WILL pull the plug on lunacy like that, should it become necessary to do so.

No point in boo-hooing, hollering and crying if the child winds up with a permanent spinal/brain injury or --- even worse --- DEAD after doing something like this, and there was no adult around that could've and SHOULD'VE stopped it.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

I can remember at a dinner celebrating my sister's 18th birthday, which means i would have been 14, I posed for a picture holding an alcoholic beverage and a cigarette. The beverage was my mom's, and the cigarette was my grandmothers. I did not actually partake in either one, and the picture was in fact a joke. Because that didn't seem all that abnormal to me back then, and doesn't seem abnormal looking back on it, I can buy the "it was a joke" defense. That said, in the total outrage world that we live in today, I'm kind of surprised that someone as media savvy as Madonna would not consider just how much people would misunderstand a picture and be outraged by it. No, wait a minute, the media savvy thing tipped me off there. This is Madonna making sure people are talking about her. And it's working. On a side note, Rocco looks EXACTLY like his father!

I guess I'm super sensitive about stuff like that. Plus, it wasn't an isolated incident. Rocco has posed in other photos holding alcohol. That makes me wonder why all the posing with alcohol. I don't find it amusing.

I don't even like to see kids sitting at a bar to eat a meal. I never liked candy cigarettes for kids either, although I had them as a kid. And I don't like to see underage teens toasting with a nonalcoholic beverage. There's just something about it that bugs me. lol

Debb, if YOU'RE super-sensitive, then here's your partner!

I'm sorry . . .

Call me old-fashioned, an old fogey, a stick-in-the-mud . . .

Any and ALL of the above.

Yep, I, too had candy cigarettes as a child.

Would I countenance/tolerate any child having those around me, now?

NO.

Do I think a CHILD posing with a bottle of liquor is funny, or tolerable? ESPECIALLY when/because his parent happens to sanction it?

HELL, no.

So, just take me out back and shoot me like a dog.

MHO.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Those poor children. Why isn't there some kind of intervention?
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Rocco will be in rehab in his 20s, I'm willing to bet. Who wants to lose some money??
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I do wonder what Rocco's dad is thinking. He has to know more than the public knows. The kid is only 13. Certanly he has some say so in his son's life.

At that age, kids are just sooo much smarter than the adults...if you don't believe it, just ask them. They start taking on their tasks of doing what they can to show their friends how cool they are; he is obviously into risk-taking behavior. You'd have to be stupid to think that he is ONLY posing with the liquor and that it is funny. I don't know how this child had been "brought along", but I'd be willing to say that there was not a lot of consistent discipline involved....because he was probably just too cute to make demands on. It's easier to laugh and let it go. Gimmee a break..... and we have the nerve to wonder why we think kids are crazy???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

From the pic I saw this morning, Kelly Osourne's now ex-fiance sure does bear a strong likeness to her dad.

+ Reply to Thread