+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4599Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Robin has finally decided to make her announcement. Good for her!
    Can you imagine how difficult that was (or used to be!) for someone who's been in the public eye for years, hiding that thing you feared people would judge you for? This must feel for her like a deep breath of.... well, freedom!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am sure it is, and I can't imagine being restricted like that. Recently, I learned that the actor who played Helen Crump, Andy Griffith's teacher girlfriend, was also gay but had to make sure it was kept quiet so that she could keep her job.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am sure it is, and I can't imagine being restricted like that. Recently, I learned that the actor who played Helen Crump, Andy Griffith's teacher girlfriend, was also gay but had to make sure it was kept quiet so that she could keep her job.
    Back in her day, she really didn't have any other choice. In the recent American Masters documentary on Billie Jean King, she talked about how when she was growing up, no one talked about homosexuality at all, and basically hardly talked to her about sex at all, so when she got married--which she did at quite a young age--she honestly thought how she felt about her husband was all she was supposed to feel for or about a spouse, and it was years before she could admit to herself, much less anyone else, that she was a lesbian. Fortunately, when she was forced out of the closet, her husband and family members stood by her. In fact, she and her former husband still seem very supportive of one another, which was nice to see.

Kaley Cuocco got married last night to Ryan Sweeting. 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco weds - CNN.com
    momrek06 likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Food Network/Cooking Channel fans: welcome Dahlia Rae

It's a Girl for Gail Simmons | Bravo TV Dish | Official News
    momrek06 likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Kaley Cuocco got married last night to Ryan Sweeting. 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco weds - CNN.com
    Did anyone see that they had an upside down cake, hanging from a chandelier? Crazy!

I like Kaley, seems like a cool chick. I hope this works out for her but she met and married this guy within 4 months. That seems kinda crazy to me.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Madonna under fire for posting photo of her 13 year-old son posing with friends and booze for New Year's. She claims it was a joke.

Madonna Faces Backlash After Posting Pic of Son Rocco with Alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Madonna under fire for posting photo of her 13 year-old son posing with friends and booze for New Year's. She claims it was a joke.

Madonna Faces Backlash After Posting Pic of Son Rocco with Alcohol
    She claims it was a JOKE, huh?

Why am I SO not surprised by that?

"Calm down and get a sense of humor!", huh?

NOTE TO MADGE:

Guess WHAT, Madge, dear?

Many/most of us ARE actually possessed of a sense of humor.

For things that ARE funny, that is.

And, frankly, there is NOTHING funny about your posting a pic of your 13-year-old son and his buddies holding bottles of booze.

NOTHING.

Perhaps, as was suggested by the fan in that story, you are STILL --- all these years later --- doing ANYTHING for attention.

Only now, you're dragging one of your kids into it.

GO somewhere, sit DOWN, shut UP, contemplate, meditate, and learn how an actual middle-aged, no-longer-in-the-limelight, rational and mentally complete with MORE than one brain cell entertainment figure SHOULD behave.

You idiot.

SMH.
    Last edited by ness; 01-06-2014 at 02:07 PM.
    Little Sew&Sew and Debb70 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I don't think it was funny either. Plus, I've been seeing these tweets posted by her 13 year-old son of him doing all kinds of Jack ass type pranks, obviously unsupervised. It's like he's on his own now. I wonder if she thinks those are funny too.

The ones I saw on tv that Rocco, her son, posted were of him jumping off of a balcony into a swimming pool below. And jumping on a tightrope with a bike, high off the ground. There were others too.

There were some other photos posted of Rocco recently where he holds what appears to be a glass of champagne. Here's a link for them:
    Madonna shares rather inappropriate photo of son Rocco, 13, holding liquor bottles with his young pals | Mail Online

I used to hear that Madonna was very strict. Her kids weren't allowed to watch tv and do this or that, but now, it's very different. I never understood her standing on stage and making a comment about the drug Molly. Seems juvenile to me, like a Miley or Beiber move.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-06-2014 at 02:09 PM.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't think it was funny either. Plus, I've been seeing these tweets posted by her 13 year-old son of him doing all kinds of Jack ass type pranks, obviously unsupervised. It's like he's on his own now. I wonder if she thinks those are funny too.

I used to hear that Madonna was very strict. Her kids weren't allowed to watch tv and do this or that, but now, it's very different. I never understood her standing on stage and making a comment about the drug Molly. Seems juvenile to me, like a Miley or Beiber move.
    I've seen a few of those tweets, too, from her son.

And yep, it seemed to me, too, that he was TOTALLY unsupervised.

And, yep, I'm willing to bet good money that she thinks those tweets of his are funny/cute.

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS THIS CHILD'S FATHER, I wonder????

I also, like you, remember reading/hearing out of her own mouth how strict she was when Lourdes (at least) was growing up. I remember her saying that she was not one to put up with backtalk, etc. For example, if Lola (Lourdes' nickname) didn't keep her room clean, then her things would start disappearing until she got the message.

Juvenile?

Yep, I agree with THAT assessment, also.

Seems like she's doing her dead level best to give Miley, et al. a run for their money.

Frankly, I'm beginning to think of her as the Benjamin Button of the geriatric musical world.

Just sayinn'.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread