+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4627Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    And she's an very intelligent woman. I don't know why she doesn't play up that aspect of her personality.
    She was a guest on Ellen recently and I thought she came across as not all that sharp. Hard to tell if that is because she is not that bright or just humorless. She was not an interesting guest and Ellen is a master at pulling out the best in people.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Her brain started showing when she had a court case several years ago. I think, when she needs to, she pulls it out. Ellen is not one of those times when she needs to. I agree about her seeming humorless.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    She was a guest on Ellen recently and I thought she came across as not all that sharp. Hard to tell if that is because she is not that bright or just humorless. She was not an interesting guest and Ellen is a master at pulling out the best in people.
    She does have sense of humor, she doesn't know how to show it. For years she has had the label sexpot, and being dumb.. She has done some dumb things. I hope her lifestyle is now healthier. She started building a home in BC and she knew she was bankrupt! .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There have been actresses who played the ditzy blonde to a tee for decades and who were exceptionally intelligent. I have no idea if Pam Anderson fits into that category, but a few examples of who did from the 40's, 50's, and 60's were Marie Wilson, Dagmar, and Jayne Mansfield. There are others, but those three came off the top of my head, so it would not surprise me a whole lot if Pamela was another.
    ness likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I don't find Pam extremely intelligent. I mean for goodness sake, don't spout off for PETA wearing leather boots
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    How sad is this?

Why Denise Richards gives up custody of Charlie Sheen's twins

Those poor babies! Brought into this world, privelege, drug addiction and mental/psycological abuse. And now the only stable home they have ever known can no longer house or support them because they are acting out.

I applaud Denise for taking these boys in and trying to take care of them because they have crappy parents and she must be heartbroken to make the decision to no longer have them in her home. But a mother does have to put her children's health and happiness first.

Brooke won't let them get therapy? Why? So they stay unhealthy and accept her crappy behavior? Stuff like this drives me absolutely crazy.
    How terribly sad. As you say, she did what she could, more then most woman would have done...
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    There have been actresses who played the ditzy blonde to a tee for decades and who were exceptionally intelligent. I have no idea if Pam Anderson fits into that category, but a few examples of who did from the 40's, 50's, and 60's were Marie Wilson, Dagmar, and Jayne Mansfield. There are others, but those three came off the top of my head, so it would not surprise me a whole lot if Pamela was another.
    I know that Jayne Mansfield was intelligent, spoke several languages and was supposed to have a very high IQ. She played dumb because it was her bread and butter. I think as she got older, was drinking a lot she couldn't play smart anymore.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As I understand, boys are now in a home with a MAN in the house which, hopefully, is a better situation. He is with one of their family member's families.; unfortunately, this family has children, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Agreed.

You have to be PRETTY DAMNED SMART to play dumb, and be successful at it.

Jayne Mansfield DEFINITELY fit into that category.

I remember hearing/reading YEARS ago that her IQ was somewhere in the Mensa-member range.

And, if you think about/look at Dolly Parton . . .

She may LOOK and come ACROSS like a breathing, walking, talking, Great Smoky Mountains Christmas tree . . .

But, girlfriend has CLEARLY proven over the decades that she's got WAAAAYYY more than a brain cell or two under those wigs of hers!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Jayne Mansfield's I.Q. was in the 160 range.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread