+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4954Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Have you seen pics of Naomi Campbell without her extensions or a wig? Her hairline is A LOT more sparse - and farther back on her head - than it used to be.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think they're all adorable! I wish I could get away with that. Sadly, it's not as flattering on an older woman.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When you're going for a short cut, I think it's important to have self-confidence, and really trust your stylist/barber. You also need to have a stylist/barber who is extremely talented with their scissors; talent is not necessarily all that common. I've been going to a barber for many years due to their cutting skills. I wouldn't be caught dead in a "stylists" chair. I found my barber through a referral from a woman that I chased across a store to ask who cut her hair. This barber is renowned for her cuts; I've been extremely fortunate in this area. It's a "styling center" with 4 female barbers, and they have male and female clientele; they do anything you need done....color, sets, eyebrow waxing, etc. No nail work, at this time! What is really interesting is that IF they were to hire a "stylist/beautician", in the traditional sense of the words, they'd have to install another entrance! How's that for the stupidest thing you've ever heard??? Oh well....no matter. Some people do come in there with the long locks and are regular customers.

With older women, I think that longer hair tends to pull their faces down and accentuate the lines in the face, but it's truly and individual choice. I think the well-cut shorter hair accents different things like face-shape, eyes, smile. I have a friend who had a heap of curly blonde hair that you could see coming from miles away, but that's also the first thing you'd see. She looked so much better when she pulled it back, and attention was called to her pretty face; we worked at a place where long hair had to be corralled and controlled. She actually cried when she had to put her hair up for work, but her beautiful face finally was what you saw first. I never realized that she had such a beautiful face and smile, until then. One day, she went to a cancer benefit and actually had her head shaved!!! St. Baldrick. It was amazing, and she got a ton of compliments! Needless to say, she is a woman with a TON of confidence. Today, the last I heard, her natural bright blonde locks have been dyed BLACK!! (And I thought I had a lot of nerve!!! )

I don't believe in letting just anyone loose on my head with scissors. When it's time, I start watching haircuts, looking for skills. I like to have a backup barber on my list, just in case. Cuts down on my stress!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 11-02-2013 at 08:41 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just suffered thru a way too short haircut. I asked chin length bob and after 5 weeks it has just hit the bottom of my ears. It doesn't look great on me, maybe on others....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Things like that are why I suggest you take your time in finding the right person for you. Look around and evaluate. Even though they are in the field, it's just not everybody's true talent. Plus you've got to be able to trust your stylist's vision.

Kristen Chenoweth's cut, I don't think, is as good as it could have been. I don't think I'd be asking her for a referral. To her vocal coach...yes....for her hair....NO.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love Kristen's hair. I read Pam was wearing a wig, it kind of looks like one. Its better than her bleached hair though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I do not like Kristen's hair at all. I think it makes her look her age. She always looked much younger with her long hair. It could be personal bias, but I hate that stylists seems to love long hair on men and as little hair as possible on women. A woman's hair used to be her "crowning glory." I liked it better that way.

I remember getting upset when famous hair stylist to the stars, Jose Eber, used to give short haircuts to his women clients, but his own hair was always halfway down his back. Just my opinion.
    mom2 and Debb70 like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I like long hair when it's I good shape, Pam Andersons was like straw ( shudder.)

A pal of mine is 68 and has her cut quite short, if I could carry it off like she does, I would chop mine off. I see a lot of women hanging on to really long hair, and it looks terrible
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I usually have less than zero interest in Pam Anderson, but I am certainly glad to see she lopped off that horrible '80's hairband straw pile of hair. Looking at her hair now, I am guessing it was mostly extensions anyway.

Never had good hair myself, and have had it cut all possible ways and in a rainbow of colours, with varying degrees of success. But it's only hair, it grows back.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

"To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread