+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5278Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post
    It's not looser standards, it's overcrowded jails.
    I agree and that is why the standards have to be looser.

And yes, anger management programs are BS. They do nothing for the chemical reaction that happens in people who have that rage trigger. Rehab is not what many think it is either. The success rate for both of these programs is very low.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Excellent point.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

People with his traits make me wonder if they have a personality disorder. These disorders are not easily changed and are not prone to treatment. He definitely has an anti-social personality.

I heard that Mike Tyson told Chris to stop hitting people. lol Seriously.

I fear that Chris is going to one day hit a person who has a thin skull or who falls the worng way and it kills them. Then, there's no turning back. Of course, if he happens in CA, he might just pull a couple of years for that kind of thing. I'm sure he would argue self defense.

FORT Fogey

There is a theory out there, some mental health professionals embrace, that says anger is genetic. We all experience that emotion, of course, but express it differently. They speak of a quick anger reflex. When not extreme you can learn tricks to avoid a premature reaction. Unfortunately there is no medication that can help.

I don't see Chris being able to stop hitting people and yes, one day he will injure someone so seriously that he will end up in jail. It is just a matter of time until his "celebrity" disappears and he is no longer surrounded by people who can intervene. And there there is always the girlfriend problem when no one else is around.

I have no idea of what Chris Brown's life was like growing up, & frankly, I don't care.
    But people know only what they see when growing up. Way too often, these lessons you learn through seeing them, is what you become. That doesn't make a person mentally ill, genetically altered, or give any excuses whatsoever. It may be the reason, but not an excuse.

We are ultimately responsible for our actions. We all have the ability to look at those lessons learned as a child & say "nope, not for me", & change the cycle. Those who don't should suffer the consequences. As long as this type of behavior is brushed off & people keep ignoring it, it will continue, possibly excalating.

Basically, we are giving him permission to continue.
    mom2, Florimel, Hyper and 2 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I have no idea of what Chris Brown's life was like growing up, & frankly, I don't care.
    But people know only what they see when growing up. Way too often, these lessons you learn through seeing them, is what you become. That doesn't make a person mentally ill, genetically altered, or give any excuses whatsoever. It may be the reason, but not an excuse.

We are ultimately responsible for our actions. We all have the ability to look at those lessons learned as a child & say "nope, not for me", & change the cycle. Those who don't should suffer the consequences. As long as this type of behavior is brushed off & people keep ignoring it, it will continue, possibly excalating.

I agree that he and others with anger issues need to work at changing their behaviors, but I think you're oversimplifying the issue.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post

Absolutely. I did not mean to imply otherwise in my above post. Whatever the reason we are responsible for our behavior. One has to see it as that easy or it will stall any progress. Therapy is overrated and is not a magic pill. I know, I am in the business. We can only guide one to see the ball in in their court.

Or not!

All of this starts with the admission/acknowledgment of a problem, to begin with....by the person with the problem.
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Did I just hear that Kerry Washington is pregnant? If I did, I called that a few weeks ago!! Her body looked like it was doing something strange under a dress that just was not her usual fit. Maybe it was on GMA.

*I found my post on 10.03! I've thrown my shoulder out patting myself on the back!!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-31-2013 at 08:03 AM.
    Shoepie and ClosetRTWatcher like this.

Anger and violence are huge problems. Perhaps you have not dealt with it in your family. I regularly appear in domestic violence court in my county. Every day that courtroom is filled with cases of domestic violence. It's shocking. If you sit in there for a few hours, you will hear accounts that make you sick. Spouses who get angry because of trivial or imagined things and they hit their spouse in the head, push them to the floor, stomp on them, kick them, put knives to their throat and threated to kill them....ALL IN FRONT OF YOUNG CHILDREN! It's unbelieveable. The same kinf of stories are revealed all day, 5 days per week, every week of the year. I hate to say it, but it's at least 80% of the offenders are men.

When I see this I think of men like Chris Brown. I wonder if the parents did not teach them that hitting was NOT okay at an early age.
    ness and Shoepie like this.

+ Reply to Thread