+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5261Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't believe that they will actually make him serve any time. I'll have to see it to believe it. The prosecutors in DC may take the matter seriously, but I can't see the probation people in CA doing anything to him at all.
    *ness sighs, shakes head . . .*

Debb, I wish it DIDN'T, but what you've said makes ENTIRELY too much sense.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I hate to sound jaded and perhaps I watch too many movies, but I now do believe that money really controls most of everything, especially in communities such as LA. Problems can seemingly be resolved with enough money. Whether it's Mel Gibson or some other big name, it's just a matter of calling the right people and with the right money, things go your way. I think that's one reason that Chris Brown has no incentive to really change. He can beat up anyone he wants, and fans still love him. He can repeatedly violate the law, but the courts, consistently allow him another chance. Who's the fool in this?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't believe that they will actually make him serve any time. I'll have to see it to believe it. The prosecutors in DC may take the matter seriously, but I can't see the probation people in CA doing anything to him at all.
    It takes tax money to house inmates and Judges take this into consideration. Chris is small potatoes compaired to many others who are more violent. He is a hot head but not as dangerous as others who are up for assult and battery. Think of men who have beaten their wives bloody and broken bones who only get 6 months. Same with Lindsay. Who wants to their tax money to go to arrogant celebs who are not a danger to society? No one locks their doors in fear of either of them.
    Hyper likes this.

I don't know how CA is with their criminal offenders, but in NC all crimes have a set punishment, depending on the history of the offender. Past crimes are scored on a point system and it determines at what level the defendant is punished. Probation is allowed on some things, but others, provide for mandatory minimums, depending on what level you are as an offender.

And in NC, they charge the defendant a fee for their prison time. You have to pay it, unless you are indigent and even then, you must pay something.

FORT Fogey

That sounds like a fair way to handle it. As we have seen with Lindsay, CA has looser standards.

Was his probation for beating Rihanna over? If not, I would think what he did would be a violation of his probation and would have consequences from that perspective.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I think Brown is really going to lose it ( badly) and will hurt someone again, or kill someone. He has such a volatile temper and nobody is immune
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think Brown is really going to lose it ( badly) and will hurt someone again, or kill someone. He has such a volatile temper and nobody is immune
    According to TMZ, he has just checked in to an anger management program. I'm guessing it was part of a deal he made to get the lesser charge for his most recent assault. Here's hoping it does him some good.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    That sounds like a fair way to handle it. As we have seen with Lindsay, CA has looser standards.
    It's not looser standards, it's overcrowded jails.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, now Mr. Stooopid has entered an anger management program......hasn't he already done that before? Those programs are BS, unless you want them to work....which, obviously, he doesn't. He needs to go to that place that Dr. Phil is always touting for the multi-disciplary evaluations. Look for some metals in his brain, or something. I swear, between him and crazy Kanye.....
    Shoepie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread