+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5278Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I would actually pair Ham-and-Tan with "Let's Make A Deal" sooner than I would "The Price Is Right".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Travolta in jet scare | The Daily Telegraph

Travolta in jet scare

April 04, 2007 12:00
    HOLLYWOOD star John Travolta made an emergency landing in his private Qantas jet after it was hit by engine problems.

The Pulp Fiction actor, 53 - a qualified pilot - was flying the Boeing 707 himself when it was hit by the mid-air scare.

Travolta was unhurt, but shaken after landing at Shannon Airport, Ireland, on Monday night, The Sun newspaper reported.

The Saturday Night Fever legend was travelling to New York after a TV appearance in Germany. A source said last night: “If he hadn’t made it to Shannon, it could have been the end of him. You could tell that he was very relieved.”

The jet is still grounded while engineers try to fix the fault, but Travolta hired another plane to complete his journey.

An airport spokesman confirmed: “John Travolta was diverted to Shannon due to technical difficulties.”

The plane-mad actor suffered another mid-air scare in 1999 when his jet lost an engine and he made an emergency landing in Boston.

Travolta - whose son is named Jett - earned his wings in 1974 and owns four other aircraft.

His home has its own runway and his Boeing 707 is kitted out with THREE dining rooms. He has flown 30,000 miles over the past year.

Clooney pays $20 at kids' lemonade stand

These kids will have something to talk about for the rest of their lives now. I'm sure their moms will have the pictures hanging in the living room too.
    Tennessean.com - Nashville news from The Tennessean, MUSIC CITY U.S.A
    TOBACCOVILLE, N.C. (AP) -- A group of kids on spring break thought setting up a lemonade stand near George Clooney's movie set might be a good business move. They were right.

The star paid $20 for his lemonade, which 10-year-old Carter, 6-year-old Chandler and 5-year-old Chase Fontaine were selling for 25 cents.

Clooney made his way over to the lemonade stand Wednesday afternoon after shooting scenes for "Leatherheads," a movie about the early days of professional football that he is directing and acting in.

The boys' mother, Courtney Fontaine, offered Clooney the lemonade for free. He had posed for pictures with her and some other women.

But Clooney insisted on paying, sending someone over with a $20 bill. Chandler enjoyed telling people afterward that Clooney's representative didn't want any change.

Before long, Carter had made another sign that read, "George Clooney was here!" and planted it at the road.

The movie, which is being filmed mostly in North and South Carolina, also stars John Krasinski and Renee Zellweger. It has a December release date.

And the children might not even have made $20 (in the aspect that they may never spend it) because either they or their parents will probably want to keep the money that was touched by George Clooney Maybe they can sell it on ebay for $100!

Is the Brangelina topic in this forum "Broken" somehow? I haven't been able to access the last page of it for days... I get an empty white page when I try. Anyone else?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2315395;
    Is the Brangelina topic in this forum "Broken" somehow? I haven't been able to access the last page of it for days... I get an empty white page when I try. Anyone else?
    Same, been about 3 days now.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2312542;
    Travolta in jet scare | The Daily Telegraph

Travolta in jet scare

April 04, 2007 12:00
    HOLLYWOOD star John Travolta made an emergency landing in his private Qantas jet after it was hit by engine problems.

The Pulp Fiction actor, 53 - a qualified pilot - was flying the Boeing 707 himself when it was hit by the mid-air scare.

Travolta was unhurt, but shaken after landing at Shannon Airport, Ireland, on Monday night, The Sun newspaper reported.

The Saturday Night Fever legend was travelling to New York after a TV appearance in Germany. A source said last night: “If he hadn’t made it to Shannon, it could have been the end of him. You could tell that he was very relieved.”

The jet is still grounded while engineers try to fix the fault, but Travolta hired another plane to complete his journey.

An airport spokesman confirmed: “John Travolta was diverted to Shannon due to technical difficulties.”

The plane-mad actor suffered another mid-air scare in 1999 when his jet lost an engine and he made an emergency landing in Boston.

Travolta - whose son is named Jett - earned his wings in 1974 and owns four other aircraft.

His home has its own runway and his Boeing 707 is kitted out with THREE dining rooms. He has flown 30,000 miles over the past year.
    I guess John released a statement to TMZ saying it was a fuel stop then the #2 engine needed a new starter, there wasn't ever an emergency.

TMZ - John
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I see the "Brangelina" thread showing new posts but I still can't get to it. Who are the "lucky" ones getting into it and what's your secret??

Leo
    Premium Member
    Something is wrong with the server, which is why some people can't access some threads. John's working on it, and it should be fixed soon.

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

We lose another very talented actor. I included his picture as I'm sure many of you won't remember the name but if you see his picture you'll say "Oh yeah, I remember him."
    Tennessean.com - Nashville news from The Tennessean, MUSIC CITY U.S.A
    Apr 11, 11:10 PM EDT
    Actor Roscoe Lee Browne dies in LA at 81
    By ROBERT JABLON
    LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Actor Roscoe Lee Browne, whose rich voice and dignified bearing brought him an Emmy Award and a Tony nomination, has died. He was 81.

Browne died early Wednesday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after a long battle with cancer, said Alan Nierob, a spokesman for the family.

Browne's career included classic theater to TV cartoons. He also was a poet and a former world-class athlete.

His deep, cultured voice was heard narrating the 1995 hit movie "Babe." On screen, his character often was smart, cynical and well-educated, whether a congressman, a judge or a butler.

Born to a Baptist minister in Woodbury, N.J., Browne graduated from historically black Lincoln University in Pennsylvania, where he later returned to teach comparative literature and French. He also was a track star, winning the 880-yard run in the 1952 Millrose Games.

Browne was selling wine for an import company when he decided to become a full-time actor in 1956 and had roles that year in the inaugural season of the New York Shakespeare Festival in a production of "Julius Caesar."

In 1961, he starred in an English-language version of Jean Genet's play "The Blacks."

Two years later, he was The Narrator in a Broadway production of "The Ballad of the Sad Cafe," a play by Edward Albee from a novella by Carson McCullers. In a front page article on the advances made by blacks in the theater, the New York Times noted that Browne's understudy was white.

He won an Obie Award in 1965 for his role as a rebellious slave in the off-Broadway "Benito Cereno."

In movies, he was a spy in the 1969 Alfred Hitchcock feature "Topaz" and a camp cook in 1972's "The Cowboys," which starred John Wayne.

"Some critics complained that I spoke too well to be believable" in the cook's role, Browne told The Washington Post in 1972. "When a critic makes that remark, I think, if I had said, 'Yassuh, boss' to John Wayne, then the critic would have taken a shine to me."

On television, he had several memorable guest roles. He was a snobbish black lawyer trapped in an elevator with bigot Archie Bunker in an episode of the 1970s TV comedy "All in the Family" and the butler Saunders in the comedy "Soap." He won an Emmy in 1986 for a guest role as Professor Foster on "The Cosby Show."

In 1992, Browne returned to Broadway in "Two Trains Running," one of August Wilson's acclaimed series of plays on the black experience. It won the Tony for best play and brought Browne a Tony nomination for best featured (supporting) actor.

The New York Times said he portrayed "the wry perspective of one who believes that human folly knows few bounds and certainly no racial bounds. The performance is wise and slyly life-affirming."

Browne also wrote poetry and included some of it along with works by masters such as Lawrence Ferlinghetti and William Butler Yeats in "Behind the Broken Words," a poetry anthology stage piece that he and Anthony Zerbe performed annually for three decades.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I remember when Roscoe Lee Browne was the hospital roommate of Archie Bunker, and the curtain couldn't be drawn back, and Archie didn't know that he was black until the very end of the episode. Archie just assumed that with the French accent, that "Johnny" was "just a regular white guy"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread