+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I agree! I had such a girl-crush on her when she was on the original Sonny and Cher show back in the 60s/70s. I loved her crooked teeth/strong nose look.
    Shoepie and bee stung lips like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    My poster girl for bad plastic surgery is definitely Cher. Yes, I know she had some crooked teeth and her nose was not small. But, to me, she had a GREAT look. I loved the quirkiness of it...she looked exotic and not just ordinary.
    She looks good now for her age but she's just not Cher to me.
    The one thing I love about Cher, she admits she hates getting old, she even said she will do whatever it takes to not have wrinkles. She has a very dry humor, I cant help but like her.
    Punkin, ness, libgirl2 and 4 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I would love to see how she looked today had she not done her teeth and only did a slight straighening of her nose. And then, of course, a good face lift which is a given if you are an entertainter. Though she has had a lot of work done she does not look deformed or hideous like many do.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

Cher has the only lip enhancement I've seen that looks really good. Most others have upper lips that hardly move, and they can barely smile, not to mention the unnatural puffiness.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Cher's my girl...I LOVE her. And while the Madonna's of the world look silly for trying to look young when she's pushing 60, Cher, at 70 something years age will forever get a pass from me. She is still fabulous in her own crazy, ridiculous, over the top way.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 10-20-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Cher's my girl...I LOVE her. And while the Madonna's of the world look silly for trying to look young when she's pushing 60, Cher, at 70 something years age will forever get a pass from me. She is still fabulous in her own crazy, ridiculous, over the top way.
    Count me in, bee!

I well remember Cher from her very first surfacing with Sonny. I loved the hair, the crooked teeth, the nose, etc.

Then came the facial changes.

Don't know WHO her doc was, but as much as I fondly remember the "old" Cher, I LOVE the "new" Cher, too! She looks GREAT, and frankly, I could only wish, hope and dream to look as good as she does when/if I reach her age.

Also? About the lips? Frankly, MHO is that AFTER she got them done, she looked more like Chas'/Chaz' mom, to me! Even though we ALL knew she was and is his mother. Before the lip-doing, she looked like a dark version of her mom and sister. But she didn't send herself into horror-mask category with the work she had done, either.

So, it's all good!

I just LOVE her, too, for her unapologetic attitude about having had work done. She's like Dolly, in that regard, and I DO love me some Dolly, and always have, too!

To me, she is --- and always WILL be! --- an entertainment icon!

ETA . . .

Now, Lara Flynn BOYLE, OTOH . . .

Wow.

I feel so sorry for her.

I've seen MANNEQUINS that look better.
    Last edited by ness; 10-20-2013 at 09:08 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Count me in, bee!

I well remember Cher from her very first surfacing with Sonny. I loved the hair, the crooked teeth, the nose, etc.

Then came the facial changes.

Don't know WHO her doc was, but as much as I fondly remember the "old" Cher, I LOVE the "new" Cher, too! She looks GREAT, and frankly, I could only wish, hope and dream to look as good as she does when/if I reach her age.

Also? About the lips? Frankly, MHO is that AFTER she got them done, she looked more like Chas'/Chaz' mom, to me! Even though we ALL knew she was and is his mother. Before the lip-doing, she looked like a dark version of her mom and sister. But she didn't send herself into horror-mask category with the work she had done, either.

So, it's all good!

I just LOVE her, too, for her unapologetic attitude about having had work done. She's like Dolly, in that regard, and I DO love me some Dolly, and always have, too!

To me, she is --- and always WILL be! --- an entertainment icon!

ETA . . .

Now, Lara Flynn BOYLE, OTOH . . .

Wow.

I feel so sorry for her.

I've seen MANNEQUINS that look better.
    Yes, Dolly Parton is another one who apparently has spent a lot of time on the surgeon's table and still manages to look good! I love her shameless attitude about it.
    mom2, Miss Scarlet and Debb70 like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Has anyone see Dolly's spoof on Miley Cyrus Wrecking Ball video? I'll try to find a link. lol

Here is Dolly rappin and mentions Miley later in the song.
    WATCH: Dolly Parton Threatens To Steal Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Balls In Hilarious Rap Skit - Celebrity Gossip, News & Photos, Movie Reviews, Competitions - Entertainmentwise

Also, Betty White does one too. She swings on a wrecking ball like Miley.
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-21-2013 at 01:43 PM.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Has anyone see Dolly's spoof on Miley Cyrus Wrecking Ball video? I'll try to find a link. lol

Here is Dolly rappin and mentions Miley later in the song.
    WATCH: Dolly Parton Threatens To Steal Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Balls In Hilarious Rap Skit - Celebrity Gossip, News & Photos, Movie Reviews, Competitions - Entertainmentwise

Also, Betty White does one too. She swings on a wrecking ball like Miley.
    Hahaha! Hilarious videos. Anybody got a sledgehammer? I love Dolly because she is the first one who will make a joke about herself and they are actually funny.

Cher is looking good again on The Voice. I can't really describe the hair colour though. Kinda looks like those Fuzzy Peach candies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie
    Let's see a show of hands. Who here thinks they canned the "wait until we are married before sex" dealio.
    I think SeanCat are waiting. Why do you think they wanna get married so soon? Besides, if they couldn't keep that promise for the short period of 1 year, that wouldn't bode well for their marriage now would it?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I think SeanCat are waiting. Why do you think they wanna get married so soon? Besides, if they couldn't keep that promise for the short period of 1 year, that wouldn't bode well for their marriage now would it?
    What bothers me is: Why on earth did they feel the need to say that so publically to begin with? It's nobody's business but their own.

Maybe I'm just an old fuddy-duddy, but I'm just not comfortable with the way people overshare their bedroom activities.
    I've always felt that was private between the two (or whatever) people involved. Whatever you choose is right for you & you are comfortable with in private, is what's right for you. It doesn't need to be flaunted in public.
    Whatever you do or don't do, I don't want to hear about it. It falls into the TMI category to the extreme.

There seems to be this bragging "look at me" attitude about sex with otherwise perfectly normal individuals, whether it's about what they do or what they don't do. Are their insecurities that bad that they need to do this?

It's no wonder so many people are screwed up sexually. They keep hearing about it so much that they begin to think that normal is abnormal.

It's PRIVATE, people! It makes it much more special & enjoyable that way.
    Florimel likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread