+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4813Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Kenny is improving, thank goodness. I saw him a couple of weeks ago, and he doesn't look nearly as scary as he used to with his overly-tight surgery.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't understand why the celebrities don't look around and see the older stars who have had work done, but don't LOOK like they have had work done. That's the key. You want to look youthful, fresh and healthy...not like a different person with big lips and tight face. They should investigate who the surgeon is who is doing this great work and stay clear of the ones who do the plastic, horrible faces.

IMO, Barbara Walters has a great surgeon as does Michael Douglas, Susan Lucci, Dianne Sawyer, and a few others. They look good, but aren't overdone.
    Really? I think he looks terrible. The shape of his face has totally changed. He looks like Madame (of Waylan Flowers and Madame fame). Appropriate for his role as Liberace, I guess.

I agree about Susan Lucci and Dianne Sawyer. They both look good.

I'll never understand why the surgeons who churn out horrible work continue to bring in celebrity clients.
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe those successful surgeries are "whoopsies"?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought Heather Locklear looked great for a very long time, but she did what so many do: She kept going & trying to bring back a youth that was in the past, instead of aging into a very attractive middle aged woman.
    She doesn't look good at all now.

Of course, there's our poster child for too much plastic surgery & trying to look like a different person: Michael Jackson. He was an nice normal looking young man & his first few surgeries made him very attractive. He should have stopped there.
    We all know the results.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I don't care for Susan Lucci, she looks way way to thin, and her neck is so tight now, she cant move her head. I think she went overboard as they all seem to. Diane Sawyer OTOH looks fabulous
    NCLurker likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

La Lucci has always been tiny. That's nothing new. Obviously she's had work done, but I think she looks great.

The thing that's so funny is that, if these women didn't have any work done, people would bash them for their wrinkles. The truth is that some people just don't age as well for whatever reason. It makes me sad to see so many women (and some men too) ruin their looks in the name of looking young and sustaining an acting career. I'm so glad to not be in a profession where my appearance was so central to the job requirements.

Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard finally got married! A nice no frills deal at the county clerk's office.....after gay marriage was legalized in CA, just like they said they would. Love those two. Dax Shepard & Kristen Bell -- WE GOT MARRIED | TMZ.com
    Miss_Griss and Shoepie like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    La Lucci has always been tiny. That's nothing new. Obviously she's had work done, but I think she looks great.

The thing that's so funny is that, if these women didn't have any work done, people would bash them for their wrinkles. The truth is that some people just don't age as well for whatever reason. It makes me sad to see so many women (and some men too) ruin their looks in the name of looking young and sustaining an acting career. I'm so glad to not be in a profession where my appearance was so central to the job requirements.

Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard finally got married! A nice no frills deal at the county clerk's office.....after gay marriage was legalized in CA, just like they said they would. Love those two. Dax Shepard & Kristen Bell -- WE GOT MARRIED | TMZ.com
    Oh gosh yes she has always been teeny But her face/neck wasn't as tight as it is now.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Meg Ryan is my poster child for face work gone wrong. I always loved her and was horrified.
    I remember hearing someone say that the trick is to get a series of little tucks over time, not one big one all at once.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I agree. Add Jane Fonda to that list, she looks fabulous. They get caught up in wanting to look younger and prettier instead of better. Fillers anywhere look terrible. And you do look younger when you just get a lift without extras, anyway. Valery Harper does not look 74; her face looks like a normal person in her early 60s! And Barbara W doesn't look like she is 98 either. Well, she is 84 but acts 98. No brain lifts available, yet.
    Oh my! I came across this!

Lara Flynn Boyle -- Mystery Behind Shocking New Photographs | TMZ.com
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

^^^omg!

+ Reply to Thread