+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4627Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

That's how I feel Lohan's father , horrible man -would do well to pay attention to Cyrus
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It's reported that Marilyn Monroe's x-ray's are being sold. They have been reviewed by doctors who say that she had a nose job and chin implant. I never knew. If she were alive she would be 87 years old!

What a horrible thing to want to own. She's been dead a long time. I think this falls into the "Nobody's business" category.
    dagwood, waywyrd and Florimel like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

To the Point

oh the things people will pay money for...

I didn't catch who was buying the x-rays. Perhaps it's a Monroe collector or museum.

creepy!! its odd what people want
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wonder if they'll auction Michael Jackson's off? There ought to be a bizarre difference in his xrays. I can see them going for a FORTUNE.

I agree that it's pretty messed up.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I don't think the fact that Marilyn Monroe had plastic surgery was a big secret. Garson Kanin mentions it in his book Movieola. While the book is a novel, it includes a number of famous Hollywood stories within it--the Fatty Arbuckle trial and the search for Scarlet O'Hara, for instance--that he handles factually. In the section on Marilyn Monroe, entitled This Year's Blonde, he mentions that she has plastic surgery very early in her career, because she was self-conscious and insecure about a very small bump on her nose, and when she consulted a plastic surgeon, he suggested that the other work (all of it pretty minor, including the change to her nose) could improve her looks. However, in the novel, at least, the surgeon is originally of the opinion that making the changes would be a frivolous waste of money and time, because she was already very pretty. It's Johnny Hyde, her agent, and eventually the man in her life, who's not a well man and who dies shortly after her first big success, who convinces the surgeon that for Marilyn, such surgery really is crucial to her confidence and her ability to believe in herself enough to have a career (or at least that's how it's portrayed in the book).

At any rate, I don't think anyone who would be a big enough fan to pay for her x-rays, which I agree is a little creepy, would be surprised to find out she had plastic surgery. It may not be something the general public knows, but it's not a closely guarded secret either.

By the way, if you're interested in early Hollywood, or the history of the movies, Movieola is a good read. There are parts that are a bit predictable--mostly the stuff about the characters that Kanin invents--but the stuff about the actual Hollywood events is enjoyable. Well, maybe enjoyable is a bit much, since some of it, like the Arbuckle trial, isn't very happy, but it is interesting.

Hey Tilden, good to see you.

I didn't know that about Marilyn. I enjoy the things I've read about her though. There is a site that shows the inside and outside of the house where she died at the time of her death and present time. It's kind of creepy. They have this kind of thing about many dead celebrities, (Jim Morrison's girlfriend, Patsy Cline, etc.) Like I said it's a little creepy, but fascinating.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I have no problem with Billy Ray defending his daughter. If my adult children acted publically in a way I disagreed with or even was embarassed by, I'd say "She's an adult. She makes her own decisions. This is her career choice. She's obviously successful at it. I will always love & support my daughter."
    We all love and want what's best for our children, even when we don't agree with their decisions. The important thing is to make sure they know our love is unconditional & they can always trust us nomatter what.

Trashing your child, especially one in the public eye, never ends well.
    Except he didn't say anything that sounded nearly that intelligent and mature.

+ Reply to Thread