+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4541Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I can't find any fault in Billy Ray for those comments either. What else is he supposed to say? Should he go the Michael Lohan route and go to the media to reprimand his daughter? He's got his own projects coming out right now, which means he has to do press as part of his job. Naturally he's going to be asked about Miley in interviews. I think he's better off to give complimentary buy generic answers as he's been doing. If he's lying, I'm okay with that. Just because they are public figures who have offered up a lot of their family to the public does not mean they are required to air all dirty laundry in public.
    prhoshay, AJane, Florimel and 1 others like this.

I'm not saying he has to condeem her, but what dad feels comfortable watching his half naked daugther back it up to hump a guy's crotch? He seems to feel very comfortable with it. That tells me a lot about him and Miley. Oh, and he loved her foam finger. He wants one too. lol I'm not kidding.
    bee stung lips likes this.

I think it was the new arsenio hall show he was on this week. Miley's and adult and he has no control over what she says or does. Frankly he probably had none before she was an adult. I means it's kind of hard to tell a teenage millionaire what to do when she probably out earns him.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Deb, I see what you are saying, but I don't take Billy Ray at his word on this one. I think that if I were in his position asked to comment about one of my kids, I'd probably give a generic postive answer and move on. It would not mean it was the honest answer. But I think my kids would deserve the dignity of my not saying I was embarassed by what they did in a public forum, knowing that any comment I made would be picked up, dissected, and exaggerated as fuel against my kid.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    So kris and Bruce Jenner are split up officially
    I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked! lol!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Losing him has got to be like losing a dear girlfriend!

He's scary looking.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm not saying he has to condeem her, but what dad feels comfortable watching his half naked daugther back it up to hump a guy's crotch? He seems to feel very comfortable with it. That tells me a lot about him and Miley. Oh, and he loved her foam finger. He wants one too. lol I'm not kidding.
    I personally don't have a problem with Billy Ray taking the high road and defending his daughter. He wants to save face with her because I'm sure he doesnt want to end up like Jon Voight and in the proverbial doghouse over things he says to the media about his daughter. I can understand that. But it is HELLA creepy, not to mention completely DISGUSTING that he'd be comfortable watching / looking at Miley's nude body in her videos or otherwise.

Completely off the richter's scale in terms of ickyness from where I sit.

That's just all kinds of hell no. :thumbdown:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think, if I were one of her parents, I'd choose not to look.
    AcookerTV likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I remember Billy Ray Cyrus and his one hit wonder...Achy Breaky Heart and the moves he made during that song. Think back to when Elvis first came out and his hip movement. There was a lot of controversy then also. I believe it is all about doing something to get your name in the headlines and keeping it there.
    Shoepie likes this.
    There's no place like home!

I have no problem with Billy Ray defending his daughter. If my adult children acted publically in a way I disagreed with or even was embarassed by, I'd say "She's an adult. She makes her own decisions. This is her career choice. She's obviously successful at it. I will always love & support my daughter."

We all love and want what's best for our children, even when we don't agree with their decisions. The important thing is to make sure they know our love is unconditional & they can always trust us nomatter what.

Trashing your child, especially one in the public eye, never ends well.
    Florimel, Shoepie and TripleGemini like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread