+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5063Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I think the fact that Harrelson Sr. was a convicted killer sitting in jail for life became big news around the time that Harrelson Jr. played a serial killer in "Natural Born Killers". I mean he'd been in there for a long time by then, but it got connected to the reporting/reviewing of the film.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Versace heiress battling anorexia

ROME, Italy (Reuters) -- Allegra Beck Versace, the 20-year-old heiress to the fashion house that bears her name, is suffering from anorexia, the eating disorder which many people blame at least in part on the diktats of the beauty industry.

"Our daughter, Allegra has been battling anorexia, a very serious disease, for many years," Donatella Versace said in a joint statement released with Allegra's father Paul Beck in a bid to stem rumors about her daughter's health.

Allegra inherited 50 percent of Versace on her eighteenth birthday from her uncle Gianni. The fashion pioneer who famously dressed Princess Diana and made Elizabeth Hurley's safety-pin outfit, which became known as "that dress", was killed in 1997.

The girl Gianni called his "little princess" was only 11 when he was gunned down outside his Miami Beach mansion by serial killer Andrew Cunanan.

"She is receiving the best medical care possible to help overcome this illness and is responding well," said the statement by Donatella, who owns 20 percent of the firm and took over as Versace designer after her brother's death.

Versace's public relations office said the family was launching legal action against media that quoted Donatella as saying her daughter had been admitted to hospital and that anorexia was "consuming" her.

No such comments were ever made, the Versace company said in a statement.

"Allegra is not at present staying in any hospital, she is living in her private residence and her condition does not cause particular concerns," it said. Allegra is a student at Brown University, Rhode Island.

"As parents, we are doing our best to protect our daughter. However, due to numerous media reports, we want to let everyone know that we appreciate their concern for Allegra, and we ask that her privacy be respected at this time," they said.

Anorexia is an eating disorder whereby sufferers starve themselves due to an obsessive fear of getting fat.

It has the highest fatality rate of any psychiatric illness, with 13 to 18 percent of sufferers dying, most commonly due to heart disease or suicide, health experts in Britain say.

The fashion industry has been defending itself against sometimes fierce criticism over recent months that its idealized versions of femininity led women to eating disorders.

Last year Uruguayan model Luisel Ramos died of heart failure during a fashion show in Montevideo and Brazilian Ana Carolina Reston died of complications brought on by anorexia.

Since then Spain has banned overly skinny models from the catwalks. Italian fashion houses have signed a pact not to use under-16-year-olds or stick-thin adult models but it is far from being universally observed.
    CNN

She looks really bad. I hope she can get better.

Push to revoke Hilton's probation could mean jail

Blah, blah, blah. She won't see jail time. But I'd be happy to eat my words.

Push to revoke Hilton's probation*could mean jail - CNN.com

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- City prosecutors said Thursday they will ask a judge to revoke Paris Hilton's probation in a reckless driving case, a move that could lead to a jail term.

The decision followed an investigation into whether the hotel heiress and reality star violated terms of her probation by driving last month with a suspended license.

"We're confident we have sufficient evidence to prove that her license was suspended and that she had knowledge of that suspension," said Nick Velasquez, a spokesman for the city attorney's office. He declined to elaborate on the evidence, citing an ongoing investigation.

Hilton could face up to 90 days in jail if a judge finds she violated her probation, Velasquez said. A hearing was set for April 17, but Hilton is not required to attend.

In January, Hilton pleaded no contest to alcohol-related reckless driving stemming from a September 7 arrest in Hollywood and was sentenced to 36 months' probation, alcohol education and $1,500 in fines.

Hilton was pulled over on Sunset Boulevard on February 28. Police said they saw her blue Bentley Continental GTC speeding with its headlights off. She was ticketed for misdemeanor driving with a suspended license.

Hilton's spokesman Elliot Mintz said at the time that she wasn't aware that her license was suspended. He declined to comment Thursday.

A call to Hilton's attorney, Howard Weitzman, was not immediately returned.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    yeah right, she'll never do jail time. at least not at a REAL jail. she'll probably end up at some posh resort instead, just like celebrities when they go to 'rehab'

Family Ties' Youngest Busted for Assault

Alex P. Keaton should have focused less on Reaganomics and more on common sense when teaching his little brother about the ways of the world.

Brian Bonsall, the former child star best known for playing Andy, the youngest member of the Keaton clan on the '80s-era sitcom Family Ties, was arrested Wednesday in Colorado on suspicion of domestic violence after allegedly roughing up his live-in girlfriend.

According to Boulder police, Lindsay Dunavan, 26, reported that Bonsall, 25, poured an alcoholic beverage on her while she was sleeping and, when she tried to leave their apartment, he put her in a chokehold and threw her down on the bed multiple times.

Dunavan called the cops at 6:35 a.m. but, when officers arrived at the scene, Bonsall told them that he had pushed Dunavan in self-defense because she came at him with a steak knife and cut his arm and face, according to the arrest report.

Police spokeswoman Detective Colleen Wilcox told Boulder's Daily Camera newspaper Thursday that both Bonsall and Dunavan were arrested at first, but that Dunavan was "un-arrested" about an hour later and that authorities are now looking at Bonsall as the "prominent aggressor" in the case.

The actor-turned-punk rocker is looking at two possible counts of felony second-degree assault and misdemeanor false imprisonment and is expected to be formally charged on Tuesday. He is currently being held in Boulder County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bail.

Bonsall's name also turned up in four other Boulder police reports involving allegations of domestic violence and assault, the Daily Camera reported, but further details weren't available. He was not arrested in any of those instances.

An arrest was made, however, in 2004 when Bonsall was nabbed for drunk driving after police spotted a passenger vomiting out the window of Bonsall's SUV. When officers asked the Blank Check star if he had had anything to drink, the smooth operator replied, "Plenty."

Bonsall, whose last TV role came in the 1994 movie Lily in Winter and who most recently played with the Boulder punk band Thrasher, also has two other notches on his arrest belt for failing to appear in court to appear on charges of underage drinking in Broomfield and Boulder counties.

Unfortunately, the young man couldn't blame his busy schedule.

source - eonline

when i saw the headline, the first person i thought of was tina yothers! i used to love that show when i was younger and it's sad that i forgot all about this other kid!

The ex-child actor curse rears its ugly head yet again.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Well, after 20 years, at least they gave it a good try to keep it together.
    Marie Osmond, husband divorcing

Marie Osmond and husband Brian Blosil are divorcing after 20 years of marriage, the pair has announced.

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Marie Osmond and husband Brian Blosil are divorcing after 20 years of marriage, the pair has announced.

"Though our marriage is ending, we continue to have a very amicable relationship," they said in a statement released Friday by Osmond's publicist. "Our marriage has always been a faithful one and neither of us is assigning fault for the divorce."

"Our children, as always, are our top priority and in our deep love for them we will continue to jointly fulfil our roles as active parents in their daily lives," the two said.

Osmond, 47, and Blosil, a record producer, have eight children, some of whom are adopted.

The two married in a Mormon ceremony in October 1986 and briefly separated in 2000.

Osmond earned fame at age 13 with the hit song "Paper Roses" and starred with her brother, Donny Osmond, on television's "Donny and Marie Show" during the 1970s.

She and her first husband Stephen Craig divorced in 1985.

Osmond also owns a successful collectibles doll company.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2307417;
    Well, after 20 years, at least they gave it a good try to keep it together.
    yeah ... that's definitely a long time. her first marriage lasted only 3 years.

interesting to note, out of all of the osmond siblings, tom (the 2nd hearing-impaired son) is the only other one that has divorced. the rest of the guys are still married to their first wife.

I just don't think George Hamilton is the right person to host of The Price Is Right.

"The Actual SPF Is... ": George Hamilton to Host TPIR? - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

With Bob Barker set to retire in June, the latest buzz has the tannest man in Hollywood — onetime Dancing with the Stars hoofer George Hamilton — inheriting the Price Is Right hosting gig. According to TMZ.com, at least, CBS CEO Les Moonves and TPIR execs think the "wonderfully charming" Hamilton "could really make the show work."

I don't think he is either. They need someone less "Hollywood" and less orange! But they'll never really be able to replace Bob. He is one of a kind.

+ Reply to Thread