+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5276Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I don't think Andre Previn was bad looking man, but who cares? He was musical genius. Five women chose to marry him; Mia Farrow was the well-known of his wives.

I do think Roman looks a bit like Frank Sinatra in his younger days.
    I think he does too. The more I read about him, the more impressed I am with him as a man. Looks, brains and heart... wow.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

He definitely appears to have his dad's eyes.....the shape more so than the color. Good-looking man.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I love that he responded to all of this today tweeting that all of us could be Frank Sinatra's child or something to that effect. If I'm looking for it, I can see the resemblance to Frank. But he looks SO much like Mia that I'd also believe it if he were not Frank's kid. I have to admit that I'm surpirse that Mia Farrow admitted to the possibility. I don't think it helps her much. Without quesiton there's no equating continue to carry on with your ex husband vs having an affair with your partner's adopted daughter, so it's not a tit for tat situation. However, by saying it's possible, Mia is confirming that she mesed around while she was with Woody. She's always enjoyed so much public sympathy for what Woody did to her. To me, this does not erase that, but it kind of lessens it.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I love that he responded to all of this today tweeting that all of us could be Frank Sinatra's child or something to that effect. If I'm looking for it, I can see the resemblance to Frank. But he looks SO much like Mia that I'd also believe it if he were not Frank's kid. I have to admit that I'm surpirse that Mia Farrow admitted to the possibility. I don't think it helps her much. Without quesiton there's no equating continue to carry on with your ex husband vs having an affair with your partner's adopted daughter, so it's not a tit for tat situation. However, by saying it's possible, Mia is confirming that she mesed around while she was with Woody. She's always enjoyed so much public sympathy for what Woody did to her. To me, this does not erase that, but it kind of lessens it.
    A husband having sex with your daughters is not infidelity, it is sexual abuse and a betrayal of a different type and magnitude. For me, finding out that she wasn't faithful to Woody doesn't change my sympathy toward her trauma around finding out that he was violating her daughters.
    waywyrd, mom2, Florimel and 1 others like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

I acknowledged that Miss Griss. That's why I was careful to say twice that they were not equal. But up until now, she's been viewed as Woodys loyal companion who he betrayed in a horrible way. Now, she was betrayed in a horrible way but is not so loyal and devoted. But now we are getting a likely answer to "why reveal this now". MSNbC has indicated that he is getting a weekend show, so this story will on,y generate buzz.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Kerry Washington's dress, this morning on GMA....is she pregnant? That dress is so un-Kerrylike. I know she is a newlywed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I acknowledged that Miss Griss. That's why I was careful to say twice that they were not equal. But up until now, she's been viewed as Woodys loyal companion who he betrayed in a horrible way. Now, she was betrayed in a horrible way but is not so loyal and devoted. But now we are getting a likely answer to "why reveal this now". MSNbC has indicated that he is getting a weekend show, so this story will on,y generate buzz.
    My apologies if I misinterpreted what you were saying, Acooker. When I read the phrase "having an affair with your partner's adopted daughter," I assumed you were putting it in the same category as "he slept with my sister," and for me it falls into the category of incestuous child abuse regardless of whether Sun Yi and Mia's other daughter whom he abused were adopted or whether he was technically their father. If I misunderstood your meaning, I apologize.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    My apologies if I misinterpreted what you were saying, Acooker. When I read the phrase "having an affair with your partner's adopted daughter," I assumed you were putting it in the same category as "he slept with my sister," and for me it falls into the category of incestuous child abuse regardless of whether Sun Yi and Mia's other daughter whom he abused were adopted or whether he was technically their father. If I misunderstood your meaning, I apologize.
    I don't want to open a can of worms, but I never bought a lot of Mia's allegations and neither did the jugde. I'm not sure if the reasons are important now.

I'm not so sure that she reported Frank could be Ronan's father out of some compulsion to be honest or if she just wanted to hurt Woody. Frank's wife at the time is adamant that Frank is NOT the father, but how would she know? There's a woman out there who also claims to be Frank's daugther and she and Mia's son do resemble. She was on Entertainment Tonight last night. She has been refused a DNA test. She has photos of her mom with Frank while he was with his first wife. There could be others.

Okay. Now I really do think Miley has lost it. I no longer think she's just pushing the evelope to get her songs popularity. She's posing showing part of her crotch, holding a can near her crotch while sticking out her tongue, and other very revealing poses, for really no reason associated with her music. See them at the link.

Sinead O'Connor sent an open letter begging her to not allow the music industry to make her a postitute and Miley is not happy about it. Sinead went through a lot and it really ruined her career. I suspect more and more people are now wondering about Miley's mental health.

Miley Cyrus simulates sex in Terry Richardson shoot and swipes back at Sinead O'Connor | Mail Online
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-04-2013 at 10:18 AM.

FORT Fogey

Deb, I tend to agree with you that Mia's decision to go public with this has questionable motives. As I mentioned upthread, Ronan is currently negotiating for a show on MSNBC and this certainly helps his profile for that. Beyond that, I don't see a lot of good motivations, and a lot of negative fallout. There could certainly be some element of hurting Woody in there. In addition to that, intentional or not, the hurt inflicted on Sinatra's widow is significant, understandable hurt on the part of his widow, and unjustified on Mia's part. If a parternity test was done, and Mia knew for certain that he was Frank's son, I could understand going public with it. Beyond that, there is something small, selfish, and spiteful about it that doens't put Mia in a good light.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Okay. Now I really do think Miley has lost it. I no longer think she's just pushing the evelope to get her songs popularity. She's posing showing part of her crotch, holding a can near her crotch while sticking out her tongue, and other very revealing poses, for really no reason associated with her music. See them at the link.

Sinead O'Connor sent an open letter begging her to not allow the music industry to make her a postitute and Miley is not happy about it. Sinead went through a lot and it really ruined her career. I suspect more and more people are now wondering about Miley's mental health.

Miley Cyrus simulates sex in Terry Richardson shoot and swipes back at Sinead O'Connor | Mail Online
    FWIW, I looked at the original pics and they're not quite as shocking as the blackout bars would make you think. Except for the deliberately provocative ones (there are two and if you look at them it's clear which two I mean) it is really no more than you may see in SI Swimsuit Edition in the last few years. And this is old hat for the photographer. Terry Richardson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Note he worked with Beyonce a short time ago.)

I don't agree that it's necessarily a mental health issue. I think it's just pure defiance and that's why she can't appreciate the obvious sincerity of Sinead O'Connor's letter. (If anyone else had written it, I would have been suspicious, but O'Connor flipped off the music industry a long time ago and she's not worried about her career.) The comparison is pretty apt, but I'm not talking about haircuts. People were outraged at O'Connor back in the day, and maybe she pissed them off on a more cerebral level (the anti-"feminine" shaved head, the tearing up of the Pope's picture) but she was in the same crosshairs 20-some years ago.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread