+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4741Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Stupid, stupid Kanye, now fueding with Jimmy Kimmel? Lol what an idiot. Doesn't he know how futile it is to argue with a comedian? They always get the last (sarcastic) word and make you look like fool in the process. Go Jimmy!

And to think Kim Kardashian willing made a baby with this idiot.
    I think he's more feuding AT Jimmy Kimmel. To have a feud, both people have to attack. Jimmy seems to be amused by the whole thing. Really, when someone launches an all-caps Twitter attack on you, what else can you do? Kanye really is one of the more ridiculous people on the planet. He's such a douchecanoe that I don't care how good his music might be. I'm not going to give him one dime of my money or any more of my attention.
    ness, AmyKay, Shoepie and 1 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    It's futile if he wants to get in the last and/or most clever word. On the other hand, if his desire is to make sure people are paying attention to him, mission accomplished.
    I don't think Kanye's goal is the latter. He's simply an unhinged idiot with severe anger management issues. Kim must be hiding her face in shame at this point. I'm sure this is NOT the kind of attention the Kardashians want.
    ness, libgirl2 and Shoepie like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

"douchecanoe" I love it! If this is his way of staying "relevant", doesnt work for me. Like Ive said before I used to like Kanye, thought he was a visionary at one point. After his mom died he became so full of himself, and his work became more angry and I didnt like it. I didnt even give a (free) listen to his newest. I love Kimmel's reactions.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

How fitting- twitter attacks for a big twit. I don't mean JK
    ness and bee stung lips like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I don't think Kanye's goal is the latter. He's simply an unhinged idiot with severe anger management issues. Kim must be hiding her face in shame at this point. I'm sure this is NOT the kind of attention the Kardashians want.
    I've never thought of Kim Kardashian as someone who would hide her face in shame about anything. We can't forget how she got "famous" w/her sex tape. And I think the Kardashian family would like any kind of attention offered.....I think Kayne's ridiculous behavior is nothing compared to Kim's sex tape. And all the rest of the people who need to have their sex tapes online as a way to introduce themselves to the public.
    (no offense to you, Bee, at all )
    bee stung lips likes this.

To the Point

Decided to go to twitter and youtube to see what all the Kanye/Kimmel fuss was about. Was totally unaware of it until I read this thread. Never have been a Kanye fan....his talent is far overshadowed by his personality issues. Love Jimmy's response. He totally recognizes how ridiculous it is but is taking advantage of the opportunities for humor at Kanye's expense. His response on the show is fantastic. If you haven't seen it, so worth watching!!!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    (no offense to you, Bee, at all )
    Trust me, none taken.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

AOL news stuff had the Kanye/Kimmel flap and a blogger who defends Kanye as not just another angry young black rapper, but someone who feels disrespected as a creative person; especially when turned down by "white" powers in the clothing industry.

The fact that Jimmy used Kanye's exact words in the infamous interview and had them spoken by a child word for word is what set him off. Once again he is disrespected.

In the end, though, you can't fight bonafide sarcasm at your expense. He should just back away.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

One of the best ways to receive respect is to give it. Kanye's problem is that he doesn't give it. Whether its blasting entertainment executives who don't lap up his art to the degree he thinks they should, insisting he invented every good idea before the inventor did, dissing other artists, etc, Kanye is constantly disrespecting g everyone around him. His bad behavior earns him disrespect ... not a lack of noticing his artistry.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Team Kimmel all the way! Never cared for Kanye's personality, and while there are songs of his I really like and could listen to for days-remembering the person behind them makes it that much harder to listen to. If this is a real "feud" and not another stunt on JKs part, then I think Kanye picked the wrong person to have a beef with. Jimmy will just milk it for all it's worth on his end, then grow bored and move on. Kanye has a serious chip on his ego. You want to be in the spotlight, you don't get to control if/how/when you're spoofed or what's said about you to make it all sunshine and roses.

Since the Kardashian's seem to like control so much, it makes me wonder if momager Kris will throw a fit since she obviously can't control anything about Kanye to fit their brand. Considering how Kim got famous, I can't believe anything Kanye does embarrasses her. Of course she seems to forget sometimes how she became a household name...
    NCLurker and ness like this.

+ Reply to Thread