+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5064Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Christmas in Wonderland

West Edmonton Mall Stars in First Major Motion Picture As Itself

West Edmonton Mall to star in major Hollywood picture Attachment 19676
    -------------------

Leslie Nielsen, Ray Liotta, Chris Kattan and other big-name stars to film Christmas 2007 movie in Edmonton.

With the official Christmas holiday having been over for several weeks, many people have wondered why West Edmonton Mall has not taken down its Christmas decorations. Now the answer can be explained. Christmas will soon be coming again to West Edmonton Mall as it has been chosen as the primary location for Insight Film Studios’ new production, Christmas in Wonderland.

Leslie Nielsen, Ray Liotta, Chris Kattan and other big-name Hollywood actors still being confirmed will star in this major feature film jointly produced by Insight and the Academy Award-winning© Yari Film Group, whose movie Crash won the 2006 Oscar© for Best Picture. Christmas in Wonderland was written and will be directed by Canadian-born writer/director/producer James Orr, whose previous credits include the screenplay for Three Men and a Baby. Filming will take place at West Edmonton Mall from March through May 2007, with the movie scheduled for theatrical release this November.

.../

The promotional value of this feature film is unprecedented, with West Edmonton Mall and the City of Edmonton both named and featured throughout the movie.

“As one of the first major Hollywood movies to be shot almost entirely in Edmonton, this film will significantly boost global awareness of Edmonton as a major film location and travel destination,” says Ken Fiske, Edmonton Economic Development Corp. vice-president of Tourism, Events and Motion Pictures. “Hosting the film production crew in the city generates economic spin-offs in addition to the invaluable media exposure garnered from a feature film that will achieve long-lasting audience exposure when it becomes a Christmas video favourite.”

Veteran producers Alexander Tabrizi and Henry Boger, along with writer/director James Orr, facilitated and brought this project to Yari Film Group and Insight Film Studios as a team to complete the financing.

“We’re very pleased to be partnering with Yari Film Group on this all-Canadian production that will draw well-deserved attention to one of our country’s landmark tourism destinations,” says Insight Film Studios CEO Kirk Shaw. “Considering that it’s Canada’s biggest – and most impressive – shopping mall, it was an easy choice to use it as the setting for Christmas in Wonderland.”

Writer/director James Orr says, “When I was first looking for the location to set this movie, I said I needed the mall-equivalent of the Land of Oz. Then I visited the WEM and it was only a matter of seconds before I knew this was it!”

West Edmonton Mall – one of the world’s premiere shopping and entertainment centres – is recognized by Guinness World Records as the world’s largest mall and is Alberta’s number one tourist attraction with more than 22 million guests per year. The on-site filming of a major motion picture reinforces the mall’s branding as The Greatest Indoor Show on Earth, creating another unique and exciting experience for guests and enhancing the mall’s world-renowned “show” atmosphere.

Christmas in Wonderland is one of several major film productions recently filmed in Edmonton, including CBS Television’s Christmas Blessing, Lifetime USA’s For the Love of a Child, CBC’s Waking Walter and Warner Bros. The Assassination of Jesse James starring Brad Pitt. The Edmonton Film Commission receives year-round inquiries from many major films interested in Edmonton’s scenic settings and world-class film production crews..../more

Edmonton Economic Development Corporation - News Releases

West Edmonton Mall
    Last edited by misskitty; 04-06-2007 at 02:54 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    There has been the rumor out there that the comedian, Sinbad, is dead. He was on the radio yesterday, and he said,"Everytime the phone rings, I just answer the it and say ,"I am not dead!" " Always did love that guy!

Now that I think about it...he has been pretty invisible for a couple of years.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2284111;
    There has been the rumor out there that the comedian, Sinbad, is dead. He was on the radio yesterday, and he said,"Everytime the phone rings, I just answer the it and say ,"I am not dead!" " Always did love that guy!

I had read about that too...it started off as something that was posted on wikipedia and then just escalated from there!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

sorry for the double post...

Jeopardy!

3 'Jeopardy' Contestants End Up Tied
    Sat Mar 17, 3:16 AM ET

All those years of answers and questions, and it's never happened before on "Jeopardy!" What is a three-way tie, Alex?

The three contestants on the venerable game show all finished with $16,000 after each answering the final question correctly in the category, "Women of the 1930s," on Friday's show. They identified Bonnie Parker, of the famed Bonnie and Clyde crime duo, as a woman who, as a waitress, once served one of the men who shot her.

"We've had a lot of crazy things happen on `Jeopardy!' but in 23 years I've never seen anything like this before," host Alex Trebek said.

The show contacted a mathematician who calculated the odds of such a three-way tie happening as one in 25 million.

The three contestants, Jamey Kirby of Gainesville, Fla.; Anders Martinson of Union City, Calif.; and Scott Weiss of Walkersville, Md; were all declared champions and taped a rematch that will air Monday.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

If they were all declared Champs does that mean they ALL got to keep their money?

$48,000 is probably more than the show is used to paying out in a full week.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I think all three should get their money, and then come spend it at WEM!

Gosh darn Christmas decorations are driving the tourists batty! And the locals.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Woody Harrelson’s father dies in prison

I'm not really a Woody Harrelson fan, but I feel sad for him. I didn't even know his father was in prison. He hasn't had him in his life (in the traditional sense) since he was 7. And in spite of (or because of?) he made a career for himself.
    ______________________________ __________________________
    Woody Harrelson's father dies in prison - Celebrity News - MSNBC.com

Charles Harrelson, 69, found dead in cell at Supermax federal facility
    Updated: 1:01 p.m. ET March 21, 2007

DENVER - Actor Woody Harrelson’s father, Charles Harrelson, died of a heart attack in the Supermax federal prison where he was serving two life sentences for the murder of a federal judge, officials said Wednesday.

Charles Harrelson, 69, was found unresponsive in his cell on the morning of March 15, said Felicia Ponce, a Bureau of Prisons spokeswoman in Washington.

Fremont County Coroner Dorothy Twellman said an autopsy showed Harrelson had severe coronary artery disease. She said he probably died in his sleep. “It appears it was very sudden.”

Charles Harrelson was convicted of murder in the May 29, 1979, slaying of U.S. District Judge John Wood Jr. outside his San Antonio, Texas, home. Prosecutors said a drug dealer hired him to kill Wood because he did not want the judge to preside at his upcoming trial.

Charles Harrelson denied the killing, saying he was in Dallas, 270 miles away, at the time.

Wood, known as “Maximum John” for the sentences he gave in drug cases, was the first federal judge to be killed in the 20th century.

Charles Harrelson was transferred to Supermax, the highest-security federal prison, after attempting to break out of an Atlanta federal prison in 1995. Other inmates at Supermax, about 90 miles south of Denver, include Unabomber Theodore Kaczynski, Oklahoma City bombing coconspirator Terry Nichols and Olympic Park bomber Eric Rudolph.

His son got his start in acting as Woody the bartender on “Cheers” beginning in 1985 and went on to star in films including “Natural Born Killers,” “White Men Can’t Jump” and “The People vs. Larry Flynt.”

Woody Harrelson’s publicist did not immediately return a call seeking comment Wednesday.

The actor was just 7 when his father was first sent to prison, for murdering a Texas businessman. He was in college when his father was convicted of the judge’s assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2284111;

It's a hoax. Urban Legends Reference Pages: Sinbad Death Hoax
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I really like Sinbad, and always admired how he never felt the need to follow the obscenity-laced comedy trends that were the norm during his most popular years. He was far from a goody two-shores in his routines, but like Bill Cosby, Sinbad knew you could be funny and still be able to have your parents comfortable in the audience, as he often did.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Vivica A. Fox Arrested

E! News - Vivica A. Fox Nabbed for DUI - Vivica A. Fox

Vivica A. Fox Nabbed for DUI
    by Natalie Finn
    Wed, 21 Mar 2007 05:38:41 PM PDT

Vivica A. Fox has danced with the stars. Now, she has ridden with the police, as well.

The 42-year-old actor was busted Tuesday night for drunk driving after the California Highway Patrol pulled her over for speeding, according to an arrest report obtained by E! News.

Per the CHP's report, officers spotted Fox's silver Cadillac SRX traveling eastbound at 10:57 p.m. on Los Angeles' 101 Freeway "at a high rate of speed" and drifting in and out of its lane. After clocking the vehicle going 80 miles-per-hour, officers pulled Fox over and observed that she was exhibiting "signs of alcohol intoxication."

The Kill Bill Vol. 1 assassin failed a series of field sobriety tests, the CHP said, and was taken to the L.A. Police Department's Van Nuys Jail, where she took two Breathalyzer tests that showed her blood-alcohol level was higher than California's 0.08 percent legal limit.

Fox was booked and released on her own recognizance. She will also have to appear in court at a later date.

In addition to taking a few turns around the ballroom on Dancing with the Stars last fall, Fox most recently starred as an FBI agent in the Lifetime series Missing, which was canceled in February after a three-year-run. She has also signed on to appear in the upcoming sixth season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, playing a natural disaster evacuee who moves in with Larry and Cheryl David.

+ Reply to Thread