+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4948Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I am thrilled to hear that ... but I heard that she is absolutely in remission. I hope so.

What guts. She is 74 years old and has brain cancer and she's going dancing!

The answer to many things is keep smiling, keep your sense of humor and keep moving!

There's something to be said about the positivity of the human spirit. She's been so positive and optimistic during this whole health ordeal, its really been quite something to witness.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    ness and echo226 like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    There's something to be said about the positivity of the human spirit. She's been so positive and optimistic during this whole health ordeal, its really been quite something to witness.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    She is the one, on DWTS I really will be rooting for
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Apparently I'm the only one who wonders what the heck Valerie Harper is thinking to try to do this strenuous activity while still recovering from chemo when it has brought younger and healthier people to their knees! I adore her, and I admire her courage, but I think this is absolutely nuts!

I'm excited to see Bill Nye. Love him. I don't know or much care who most of the others are. I quit watching this show several seasons back, though I do sometimes watch the performances on YouTube.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Let's take the DWTS discussion to that forum. This isn't the thread for that.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

why is this not surprising me?

Robin Thicke
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

If true, it would not be surprising, but I have to say I'm not so sure that I trust the source. Remember when the Tiger Woods scandal errupted, and all kinds of women came out of the woodwork saying they'd be with him and suddenly had press agents, attorneys, and were working on being famous? Some of them were truthful, but some of them may have exaggerated their interactions with Tiger in order to be famous. The truth is that as much as there are men who get famous and take advantage of it by hooking up with as many women as possible, there are women who prey on seeking fame through hookups real or fake with famous men. Groupies have been around forever, and in the age of TMZ, Perez, and other blogs like those, being a groupie can mean not just an exciting story to tell friends, but also a high-paying Playboy spread, or an all expenses paid trip to New York or LA to tell your story. When we make 15-minute stars out of groupies, there is also room for the floodgates to open with fake stories meant to seek fame.

I believe where there is smoke, there is fire. Also the picture with his hand up her --- speaks volumes to me.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Agreed. I just think there are two sources of smoke -- one is Robin Thicke and his behavior, and the other is a girl who after a picture of her is circulated on the internet runs to a gossip columnist to tell her story.

Hmm, I will wait and see. She didn't know his hand was there until she saw that photo, then she runs to tattle
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The article I read said the girl knew his hand was on her behind, but she didn't realize it was shown by a mirror behind them, until she looked closer at the photos.

I think who Robin Thicke is, is pretty clear. And it has little to do with the photo described above. lol

+ Reply to Thread