+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5278Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I am way beyond my college days....I was saying that few of the so called young "stars" have had the high school experience, which is why so many seem to be acting out now. Some do not know the meaning of no or responsibility. I believe you can learn that going through school.
    There's no place like home!

So much talk about Miley. What the hey is wrong with Robin Thick? Photo shows him putting hand on fan's behind. Look in the mirror that is behind them. The fan says she posted the photo not even realizing it was there, but she did realize that he had his hand there.

Robin Thicke Photo Scandal: Mystery Girl Confirms Butt-Grabbing Photo Is Real | E! Online

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

George Lindsey (Goober Pyle) had his bachelor's degree, and an honorary doctorate. Interesting, considering he played a slow-witted character on Andy's show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

He also had his own show where he played the same shtick as a private in the army. I don't think that show would fly today as the whole premise was making fun of his mentally diminished abilities.
    Count your blessings!

That was Jim Nabors...he played a ..the show was Gomer Pyle: USMC....I remember him saying Shazamm
    There's no place like home!

Former Blossom star has a Ph.D in neuroscience.
    Mayim Bialik: How I Bounced Back - Blossom, The Big Bang Theory, Mayim Bialik : People.com

Ashely Judd received her Bachelor's in French in 2007 and later a Master's from Harvard in a business program.

James Franco earned a Ph.D in English at Yale.

Ron Jeremy of adult film fame has a B.A in education with a master's in Special Education!

Celebrities with Degrees That Will Surprise You
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-02-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Very, very interesting. Don't see any of the young stars of today on that list. Let's hope that changes.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Good Lord, even Ron Jeremy has a degree!!!
    JulieAnn likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Danica McKellar (Winnie Cooper on The Wonder Years[I]) has a Phd in mathematics from UCLA.

Many years ago, I remember seeing a special about child stars, and I remember the woman who played Zelda, Dobie's persistent suitor on The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis saying that she was very fortunate that Roddy McDowall was a family friend, as he told her parents that if she and her brother were going to be child actors, it was extremely important that they still get solid educations, because acting was a very fickle business, and a lot more child actors failed to make it as adult actors than succeeded (though he, himself, was still a reasonably successful adult actor). As a result, she went to college and eventually into politics and didn't define herself as someone who had no worthwhile abilities beyond acting.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Good Lord, even Ron Jeremy has a degree!!!
    Yeah, I was shocked. It says he has a real love for special needs kids. He has devoted much of his life to helping them, thus his masters in Special Education.

OH, I forgot. Scotty McCreedy from my home county, Wake, NC, is getting his college degree from NC State, even though he won American Idol. He wants his degree and to be a country music performer. Smart move.

Kenny Chesney also has a college degree. (Obtained before he made it in music.)

So does Garth Brooks. He has a bachelor's in advertising and Trisha Yearwood in business administration. They received them before they made it big in music though.
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-02-2013 at 03:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread