+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4584Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Has anyone seen the recent update on Valerie Harper? The doctors say she is close to remission!!!!!! Such great news!
    that is great news!!!

If I were Robin Thicke's wife, I wouldn't be too happy with this pic. It looks like more than a grab to me.
    Robin Thicke grabs fan's behind at VMAs after-party: Wife Paula Patton gets tweet pointing out cheeky image - NY Daily News
    ness, AmyKay and Coco46 like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    We should just stop paying attention to her. That's clearly what she wants and we're giving it to her.
    Miley's clearly not mature enough to know the difference between laughing "with" her and laughing "at" her. She looks in the mirror and sees herself as sexual, edgy, controversial and daring. We look at her and see someone desperate for attention and trying way too hard to get it.

As someone said in another forum, "I had second-hand embarrassment for her up there". LOL
    ness and Coco46 like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    that is great news!!!

If I were Robin Thicke's wife, I wouldn't be too happy with this pic. It looks like more than a grab to me.
    Robin Thicke grabs fan's behind at VMAs after-party: Wife Paula Patton gets tweet pointing out cheeky image - NY Daily News
    I thought the same thing when I saw that picture also. What a jerk!
    Poor Miley.....she doesn't realize that there's nothing sexy about a 12 yr old's skinny body. I know she's 20 but she looks 12.
    ness and AlwaysVeg like this.

Miley reminds me of the quirkey kid who went way overboard to get attention or be considered cool. Jumping all over the place, trying to be noticed, exposing herself and looking like an idiot. You know the other girls rolled their eyes and talked about her as being not right upstairs. She has a huge personality and heart, but the maturity level stopped around age 14 and she isn't taken seriously by anyone.

The adults in her life are not bright and she was never able to follow their example. I have read some pretty scary things about her parents, that I will not post here, because they are just rumors and I have no proof, but I do sort of believe the stories based on what they demonstrate.

I do wonder if Miley has ever thought about things like attending college, taking music or acting classes or doing something intellectual, rather than what she's doing now. I doubt it.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It always breaks my heart when these "stars" don't get their college experience. I understand that college is not for everybody, but they are really short-changing themselves, something that they will never know or understand. They try to replace that experience with things. It just seems so empty. Further education is something that no one can ever take from you; you can lose all of your "things" in the blink of an eye, but I guess they do get a different kind of education, though.

The coolest thing about college is that it was NOTHING like high school. New adventures/experiences and new people to meet; new memories to make!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Most "stars" do not even have the high school experience.
    There's no place like home!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I think Miley's gross, after that night.

Unfortunately, she's the "celeb" I know that's the closest to me in age, as I am only three days older than her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Most "stars" do not even have the high school experience.

You know, I can understand thinking that you HATE school after enduring high school, but if you can just get away from home and get that full college experience, you just might find out that it could be for you.....and the maturity, independence, and outlooks you gain from "getting out from under" just might surprise you.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think of several child stars who did go to college... Jodie Foster and Brooke Shields come to mind.
    prhoshay and Debb70 like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I always say that eveyone should attend college and live on campus for at least one year. I was great with academics, but living in a dorm was very challenging for me. I do think it teaches you a lot about people, life and yourself. And it builds character! lol

+ Reply to Thread