+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4591Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

His name maybe. I don't recall who she was hooked up with before him. I just find her a cold fish, but- she was by his side when he went through his chemo. Kudos for that!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I read from day one that it was a contractual marriage. He saw her in a movie and said, I want her. He had his people make the arrangements. They entered an elaborate prenup and officially got married. I wonder if the time is up for one of the provisions to kick in. Like after x amount of years she gets a certain amount. Of course, I'm sure they were in love too. lol

OK, this has gone from silly to absurd. Huffington Post has FOUR front-page stories about Miley Cyrus's VMA performance. Really? You'd think she'd actually had sex on stage from all this pearl clutching.
    Hyper and JulieAnn like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    OK, this has gone from silly to absurd. Huffington Post has FOUR front-page stories about Miley Cyrus's VMA performance. Really? You'd think she'd actually had sex on stage from all this pearl clutching.
    Isn't it stupid!! Madonna anyone?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I think she is an okay actress etc.... I just think she is gorgeous. I wondered why she would be with him.
    If you look at pictures of them back when they first got married, he was a handsome, youthful looking man. Plus, like so many little known actresses that marry older well known actors (Katie Holmes anyone?), I'm sure the name & fame bowls them over. Plus, I'd like to think that love was there too. He probably had plenty of charm.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

General thoughts, opinions and observations . . .

Re: Miley, Robin and "twerking" . . .

Miley - The child CLEARLY does not have two brain cells to rub together. She also has NO self-respect and/or self-esteem, and is BEYOND desperate for attention and approbation of the person she is --- or wants to BE --- BEYOND being "Hannah Montana" and "Mr. Achy Breaky's" daughter.

As for being engaged and getting married . . .

If Liam doesn't have sense enough to call the whole thing off and run like hell (if he hasn't ALREADY, that is!), then he's just as delusional and as much in need of help as SHE is. Miley needs to GROW UP, get a clue about who SHE is, and learn to love HERSELF, BY herself, and FOR herself before she hitches her wagon to anybody else's emotional and marital star.

Robin - Acooker, I'll give you, Robin and everybody else in the free world the benefit of the doubt that he didn't have a CLUE about HOW FAR Miss Miley was going to take their "performance", even though he might have known the general direction that they were going in beforehand.

Even with THAT consideration, I am still of the opinion that once they got out there and she took it to the Dumpster, he --- being an ALLEGEDLY grown, married, 36-year-old man --- should and COULD have gotten his happy-go-lucky behind AWAY from her quick, fast and in a hellified hurry. Frankly, were I in his shoes, I would've done whatever I needed to do to keep the performance in the general, as-clean-as-possible road, while saving myself from rolling down into the cesspool WITH her.

I mean we're talking a, what, 16-year age difference, here? There is no WAY (if I'd've been him) I'd've allowed myself to be presented and represented in such a questionable fashion, on TV, in front of millions of viewers. ESPECIALLY since I was the senior of the two people centrally involved in this mess.

Call me dumb, stupid, ignorant, WHATEVER. Hell would've frozen over ten times before I'd've been a party to Miley's onstage antics.

And personally, I think Robin has a screw loose, too. I remember reading somewhere that HIS opinion of Miley's "performance" was that it was "dope". I believe it was on Twitter that he said that, and if I can find the original story I read, I'll post a link to it.

"Twerking" - I just ROFLMFAO every TIME I read and/or hear about this. Back in the Dark Ages, in MY neck of the woods, we did a dance called "The Dog" that was nothing more than the "twerking" of today. FIRST, it was "The Dog". THEN, it morphed into "Da Butt". THEN, came its incarnation of "Booty Popping". NOW, it's "Twerking".

Please.

It amuses me no END to see how clever and original these people think they are, and I realize I was doing the SAME THING they're doing TODAY --- 45 OR 50 YEARS AGO! --- AND DOING IT BETTER!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and BTW . . .

I will cheerfully and honestly admit that my "Dog", etc., days have LONG AGO been over and DONE WITH.

Why?

Two reasons:

1. I grew up and realized that doing the "Dog" was not the most attractive or credible action for a female to be engaging in, and . . .

2. If I was crazy enough to try it today (or any time in the past 25/30/35 years, for that matter!) 911 would have to be called, because I'd DEFINITELY wind up BREAKING SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ness; 08-28-2013 at 11:10 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

RE: CZJ and Michael Douglas.

I was HOPING they'd make it until death did them part, but honestly, I can't say I'm getting the vapors, swooning, and hitting the floor in shock at this news, either.

There's only so much stress and tension some marriages/relationships can stand before they snap like an old rubber band. And frankly, I think that gross, unnecessary HPV comment of his was most likely the biggest contribution to what pulled their rubber band to its breaking point.

SMH.
    Last edited by ness; 08-28-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

There was a cute side story about Clooney and Bullock.

See here:

George Clooney, Sandra Bullock arrive in Venice
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

One more thing ... I remember Michael Douglas was a good looking man ... at least I thought so.

There was a nice looking manager at my local supermarket and I commented on how much he looked like Michael Douglas. It was supposed to ne a compliment ,,, and he was a little offended.

Michael Douglas has definitely changed and didn't age as well as his father.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

So DeAnna from the Bachelor/ette is pregnant. Look at this picture and tell me that she and Melissa aren't the same person. I'm not convinced.

DeAnna Pappas Stagliano Expecting First Child Moms & Babies Moms & Babies - People.com
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread