+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3901Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Did anyone see Kelly Osbourne's comments about Miley on Fashion Police last night? She was brillant! I was very curious to see how she handled this, because she and Miley are very close friends. She's squirmed in her seat before on that show when Joan and others were bashing friends or associates of hers (For a while, Joan was really going after Madonna which was akward for Kelly because she's the face of Madonna's line). Everyone made their comments leaving Kelly for last. She said that they were commenting on the fashion not the performance, that she didn't like Miley's look because it had been done before by Lady Gaga, and that as her friend, she'd tell her to put her tongue back in her mouth because it looked stupid. She did a GREAT job of balancing on that line between credible fashion/pop culture critic and friend.
    AmyKay likes this.

I didn't see it as Miley trying to act adult. It seems like she's embracing the careless, partying kid behavior to me. A lot of the stuff she does - making "ratchet" faces with her tongue out, making "gangsta" hand gestures, and "twerking" (I feel like such an old fogey trying to use those terms ) - are popular with kids trying to emulate what they think is a certain music culture. I'd say she's playing to her young teen fan base through all this; but I did think her performance seemed very un-polished, like she was improvising the trashier parts. I didn't like it, but I didn't see it any more negatively than videos or performances usually tied to the style of music she's going for nowadays.
    Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.

I just have to say ... society has come a looooong way from only showing Elvis from the waist up!

August 16th was the 36th Anniversary of his death ... and he must have been Rocking and Rolling.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Hey, I think I could twerk if I practiced enough. Check it out.

Golden Sisters Twerk Like Miley.

Golden Sisters Twerk Like Miley - YouTube

On the radio this morning, they said the Robin and Miley had rehearsed this beforehand, but it was much tamer. That Miley made it raunchier only when it was live, and Robin was surprised because it wasn't planned.

I also heard a clip from the Gloria Loring interview and she said she feels bad for Miley's parents witnessing that and commented that she could never unsee it. She thought that her son was great and she loved his suit.

Wasn't Miley's mom in the audience cheering Miley on? I think her parents are all behind her. Pardon the pun.

Check out Harry Styles licking his fingers for the crowd. lol I believe the thinks he was being clever. lol

HARRY LICKING HIS FINGERS - YouTube

Can't they hook Harry up with Miley?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Hey, I think I could twerk if I practiced enough. Check it out.

Golden Sisters Twerk Like Miley.

Golden Sisters Twerk Like Miley - YouTube

I triple dog DARE you to close your office door and try it!!!!
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I triple dog DARE you to close your office door and try it!!!!
    OH, I have actually tried it some time ago!!!!!!! I felt kind of stupid. Not sure how I looked, but I bet pretty stupid too! lol But, it's all in fun, right!

I read a lot of comments that Miley can't twerk worth diddly squat. The best twerker that I have ever seen was Kendra Wilkerson on a bus with Hef. It was back when twerking was not that popular. She was very good at it. It was featured when Kendra was on The Girls Next Door. reality show. I doubt it's still available..................... ..............................

okay, I found this video of Kendra twerking, and this was soon after her baby was born and she hadn't gotten back into shape. Not bad.

Kendra Wilkinson Baskett Gets Low on stage with Too Short - YouTube
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-27-2013 at 01:46 PM.

I guess I'm showing my age because I'm still trying to figure out how twerking is different from booty popping. :p
    waywyrd and Miss_Griss like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I guess I'm showing my age because I'm still trying to figure out how twerking is different from booty popping. :p
    THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one!
    libgirl2 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread