+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Ness, I read yesterday that Miley's camp was shocked at her performance - that what she did in rehearsals was lots of hints, but much tamer. If that is true, then it is POSSIBLE that Robin was not in on it either. After reading that, I re-watched the performance, and it's hard to tell if during her big moment he was surprised and trying to go along to be professional, or if he knew exactly what was going on. I saw surprise in him, but I'm not sure if I was reading that in to it or if that was the case. After that portion of the performance, Robin got away from her and the camera tried to ignore her. So it's possible that Miley amped it up on her own.

Maybe her fiance was all stern faced in public because he knew what was coming up.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I have no idea what her parents think of this, but I feel sorry for them. No one wants their child to behave like an on stage sex worker.
    Well, her Mom was in the audience and gave her a standing ovation at the end of her performance. She looked really proud. They didn't show Billy Ray so I don't know if he was there.

FORT Fogey

Gloria Loring, Robin Thicke's mom, did an interview with OMG Insider that is supposed to air tonight. I would guess that she'll be sharing her reaction to the performance.

FORT Fogey

Last night, I happened across one of the many shows now reviewing Miley's performance. My ten month old puppy walked up to the TV screen, tipped his head to the right, tipped his head to the left, and then turned and gave me a long look that clearly said, "Really. Your species...." Then he left the room.

If a puppy finds your public behavior a bit much, it's probably time to rein it in a bit.

Yesterday, I read that Robin Thick's wife was furious after the performance, THEN I read that she was NOT upset. That they had practiced the thing many times and she had known what was coming and was fine with it. You never know what is true, but I do NOT believe his wife was okay with it, unless they have an open relationship. And it's more about being embarrassed of how classless it was rather than jealous of a half-naked girl.

I missed the recent story on tv about Linda Ronstandt. I had read the news here about her news. Somone at the office saw it and said it was quite sad. What did they show?

His music video with the girls that was his wife's idea. Maybe she isn't jealous of weird Miley and is simply secure/This business is an odd one, but they don't need to have an open relationship just because of this
    Florimel and Hyper like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

If Paula Patton were going to be insecure about her husband's music, it would not take Miley or the video to do it. Look at the lyrics to the song (or many of his other songs for that matter). It's not exactly an "I love you, I'm committed to you, and I'm only going to be with you" song. I think that performers who are not actors are sometimes held to an unreasonable standard when it comes to their performance. People will write off an actor having a steamy love scene even if he/she is married, because it's a character. Because music (or stand up comedy, or other forms of art) have a performers name on it, we assume that the performer is being himself when performing. That's not always the case. A single woman can sing a moving song about marriage or divorce, because she plays a role for the song. Same thing is true here - Robin can play a womanizing club goer for a song, but that doesn't mean that he IS that character. Being an actress herself, I'd assume that his wife understands that. I don't think a couple has to have an open relationship in order to understand the lines between life and performance.

Everything I have read about their relationship is that she is very strong and secure - and he adores her. They have been together since high school. I could totally see this all being on Miley (the full extent) until it aired live and at that point, what is he supposed to do? I haven't seen any statements from him since the VMA's aired - has anyone else?

I get what Miley is trying to do. I get the immaturity and trying to break out of the kid mold. I also get that her parents were, at one point, going through a divorce and she publicly on Twitter threatened her dad. So the kid has some stuff going on behind the scenes and there is some acting out going on here. The real issue I take with all of this is that Miley seems to have equated being an adult with being trashy and slutty. That is so not what being an adult is all about. And I hate that she continues to put that message out there for women - young and old alike. We have fought for decades to not just be thought of as a piece of a**, and people like Miley, while trying to act like an adult in her mind, actually fight against that . . . and it drives me crazy!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe she is really trying to get her dad's attention? Attention....positive or negative....is still attention, and kids are known to behave badly to get their parents' attention......saw a lot of it on Supernanny. Kids will go to complex lengths. Like someone said....look at how she threatened her dad on Twitter.

Like most parents, I am sure hers have some regrets about past years.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread