+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5274Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Sometimes people without any real talent (ie singing in her case), have to use smoke and mirrors to make up for it. Madonna doesn't have a spectacular voice, thus alot of her dancing and escapdes. Then there are other artists who can just belt it out and don't need gimmicks.
    Florimel, Debb70 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

You may have a good point. You know Miley really had it all set though. She had a great fanbase, despite her lack of talent. She had a great platform and lot going for her. She could have taken all that and transformed herself into an adult performer, growing with her fans. But, she just threw it all away. It's like she ran from her success. She seems to want to be a joke and nothing more.

Watching Miley lately, I'm reminded of something Lindsay Lohan's (I think it was) grandmother said when Lindsay seemed to be posing nude in lots of places. She said that Lindsay is at the age when she thinks taking off her clothing is original.

Hopefully, Miley will grow up soon and put some clothes on....and get her tongue back in her mouth, GOOD GOD. Enough already. I've seen interviews with her and found her to be likeable, but she's acting like a child. I was embarrassed for her last night.
    NCLurker and libgirl2 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Miley is still TRYING to grow up, regardless of what she AND her parents think. It's another good example of the fact that we ALL parent differently....from the cradle, forward.

She STILL has that not-fully-developed brain that children have until about age 26.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Miley is still TRYING to grow up, regardless of what she AND her parents think. It's another good example of the fact that we ALL parent differently....from the cradle, forward.

She STILL has that not-fully-developed brain that children have until about age 26.
    Yeah, it's why I can't join in the bashing. It feels like kicking a puppy. Lord knows I totally get the whole rebellion thing. And I'm eternally grateful not to have fumbled my way through adolescence and young adulthood during this era of constant photo/video surveillance and very public commentary by friends, acquaintances and random strangers.

I take more issue with the fact that MTV doesn't know jack**** about music any longer and has no business handing out "music" awards, they took a really, really good hip-hop song (something I don't say often) and butchered it with a crappy arrangement...and for no good reason, had Robin Thicke looking like he was about 10 lbs too heavy for his Beetlejuice Halloween costume. The video of that performance wasted 6 good minutes of my life that I'll never get back, and it only had a little bit to do with Miley Cyrus.
    libgirl2 and Rattus like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

It really is funny, the whole sticking her tongue out isn't sexy, it looks like she has a fur ball in her throat
    libgirl2 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post

I take more issue with the fact that MTV doesn't know jack**** about music any longer and has no business handing out "music" awards, they took a really, really good hip-hop song (something I don't say often) and butchered it with a crappy arrangement...and for no good reason, had Robin Thicke looking like he was about 10 lbs too heavy for his Beetlejuice Halloween costume. The video of that performance wasted 6 good minutes of my life that I'll never get back, and it only had a little bit to do with Miley Cyrus.
    MTV hasn't known real music in ages.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I think Miley is desperate to get away from people thinking of her as Hanna Montana or Billy Ray's Little Girl.
    She seems to think that publically simulating sex from the rear (let's face it, we all know that's what she's implying) will make people see her as grown up. She has no idea what grown up is.

If she really wants people to see her as grown up & her own person, she needs to develop her own talent instead of this "look at me. This is me being sexy" bit. She has no idea what sexy is either.

She needs to show people she has real talent, like Michael Douglas, Jane Fonda, Jamie Lee Curtis, and others who had famous parents but became famous on their own through their own talent & broke away from the "child of" description. Instead she's acting out like an out of control teen looking for attention from anyone who will notice, in any way she thinks will get attention.

The girl's nearly 21 & you'd never know it. She thinks this makes her appear mature & older, but it's having the opposite effect.
    I have no idea what her parents think of this, but I feel sorry for them. No one wants their child to behave like an on stage sex worker.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Miley is pitiful.

I don't think there's any other way to say or look at it.

I'M raising BOTH eyebrows at ROBIN THICKE, too.

Sure, his wife OK'd the risque version of the video, etc., etc., etc.

But I'M trying to figure out, in WHAT world does a normal, sane, MARRIED man of 36 allow a 20-year-old lunatic to back up against him and simulate that particular act?

I'm SORRY people, but he HAD to've known just WHAT direction 'Lil Miss Miley was going to head in BEFORE they took the stage.

I can't --- for the LIFE of me --- figure out WHERE HIS BRAIN WAS THAT HE WOULD'VE GONE ALONG WITH THIS NONSENSE!

And if I were his WIFE . . .

OK . . .

Bare-breasted women in a video MIGHT be ONE thing (ME? No way in HELL I'd've OK'd THAT, but for the sake of letting this rock a bit, say I DID tell him I was OK with THAT version being released). But a BARELY-DRESSED 20-YEAR-OLD GRINDING HER REAR AGAINST MY HUSBAND IN PUBLIC ON NATIONAL TV?

No WAY.

Not in THIS lifetime, or any OTHER!

I'd've been waiting for him when he came off that stage, and by the time I finished with HIM, he'd've been relegated to singing falsetto PERMANENTLY.

Like the song, I do, but as far as I'm concerned, after that "show" he and Miley put on, he's JUST as guilty --- if not MORE so! --- of being as classless, tacky and trashy as SHE is.

JMHO.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    This is sad. I was just thinking about Linda Ronstadt the other day and wondering why I hadn't heard any new music from her in a while. Apparently, it's not possible to sing with the disease, because you can't control the muscles needed to do so.

Linda Ronstadt has Parkinson's Disease

Michael J. Fox has a new show coming on this fall. It would be wonderful if she made a guest appearance.

I have had interaction with some who suffer from Parkinsons ... and one man has a great voice and sings. The only slight problem is a little volume control issue,
    He is at the facility wher I volunteer and we are going to try to do a Sonny and Cher duet of "I got you babe". soon!

Some symptoms are similar, but it seems Parkinson's effects everyone a little differently.

Sad news none the less.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread