+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4633Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

  1. #9211
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,956

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    I don't think that Miley has anything psychologically wrong with her. I think that she's just going through that classic "I'm not a Disney kid" battle that many girls before her went through also. Britney Spears and Christina Aguilerra both went thorugh their raunch phases to prove to the world that they weren't teeny boppers anymore. Britney even went so far as to do the "I'm not a Girl Not Yet a Woman" song. I think the big difference is that other people who have gone through that have had the talent and artistry to find a new voice and make people take notice. Miley seems to be showing the world that if her dad hadn't been around to get her a TV show (which he needed to help his own career) that she never would have been in the spotlight.

  2. #9212
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,833

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Mikey "try hard" Cyrus. The most hilarious thing about it is that she's under the delusion that she's actually sexy. Poor thing.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    I LOL- if she thinks that's sexy. I feel sorry for her
    libgirl2, Miss Scarlet and Coco46 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  3. #9213
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,192

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Meant to say "Miley"not "Mikey". Lol

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    Whew!!! You had me trying to figure just how far out of the loop I must be not to get that reference! Thank you for calming me back down!


    Heard that Lamar Odom has been MIA for 3 days and is thought to either be off on a crack binge or in rehab. I had NO idea he was a dope fiend!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  4. #9214
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,750

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Whew!!! You had me trying to figure just how far out of the loop I must be not to get that reference! Thank you for calming me back down!

    LOL!


    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  5. #9215
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,534

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    First off, she needs to keep that stupid tongue in her mouth. She does that all the time & it just looks stupid. We don't need to see her stupid tongue sticking out all the time. Maybe there's not enough room in her mouth for it with those teeth, so it just hangs out like a dog.

    Speaking of dogs. She reminds me of a dog that needs to be fixed. Humping everything in sight.
    If she wants to do porno films, just go for it & get off our TV screens.

    I think she's desperately trying to be sexy, & failing miserably. This isn't sexy. It's trashy, tacky, desperate & embarassing for people to witness.
    If she really does have any talent, which I wonder about, this is taking away from it.

    Next year's performance: Taking off her top & flogging any man in sight with her t**'s.
    The year after:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sex with a donkey on stage
    , while totally nude.
    I put that in spoiler tags because it was a too off color - kind of like Miley.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

  6. #9216
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,313

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I think she's desperately trying to be sexy, & failing miserably. This isn't sexy. It's trashy, tacky, desperate & embarassing for people to witness.
    This, exactly! Unfortunately, there are many, many people in the world, famous and non-famous, who seem to have the same problem. I will admit that it took me years to get the concept that just because I could show it all off, didn't mean that I should. In my mind, her acts just reek of desperation - they just scream "look at me, pay attention to me, talk about ME"!!

  7. #9217
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,956

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    There was a really great blog on a parenting site I read sometimes today that made the point you are making - that when you have to tell people you're grown up and/or sexy, you are not. When people can see it without your telling them, that's when you know you will be. Just to be fair and make the comparison, I went back to watch some of Britney Spears great VMA performances (Slave 4 U and Satisfaction) and there is no comparison. Both those performances were racy, but she accomplished it through hints - not through flat out showing exactly what she was trying to say. But I figured something else out watching those ... which then led in to watching old NSync performances. I think that the past performances were so much better because 10 years ago, the performers actually had a stage. Now, the production tries to be so cool with little platforms all over teh arena floor so that more of the audience can have a front row that there's not a single stage big enough for performers to put on a big show!
    AmyKay likes this.

  8. #9218
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,750

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    First off, she needs to keep that stupid tongue in her mouth. She does that all the time & it just looks stupid. We don't need to see her stupid tongue sticking out all the time. Maybe there's not enough room in her mouth for it with those teeth, so it just hangs out like a dog.

    Speaking of dogs. She reminds me of a dog that needs to be fixed. Humping everything in sight.
    If she wants to do porno films, just go for it & get off our TV screens.

    I think she's desperately trying to be sexy, & failing miserably. This isn't sexy. It's trashy, tacky, desperate & embarassing for people to witness.
    If she really does have any talent, which I wonder about, this is taking away from it.

    Next year's performance: Taking off her top & flogging any man in sight with her t**'s.
    The year after:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sex with a donkey on stage
    , while totally nude.
    I put that in spoiler tags because it was a too off color - kind of like Miley.
    LOL, girl! Tell it like it is!

    I wonder if how Gene Simmons feels about her using his "tongue" gimmick?

    Poor Liam Hemsworth. He seems like far too classy a guy to be saddled with the likes of Miley Cyrus.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  9. #9219
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,195

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    I wondered about Liam and how he felt seeing her do that stuff. You know he must be humiliated. I can only imagine what his family says about her........lol To be a fly on their wall. "Hey, honey, come see Liam's fiance dancing on television! Oh my! Well, she does seem to be flexible."

    I could buy the argument about her trying to show she's grown up, but it doesn't add up. She doesn't live a life that shows she's an adult. She treats her engagement like a joke. She doesn't speak in any serious manner. She admits to illegal drug use. (Her song she says she means Molly.)
    Miley Cyrus Admits To Singing About Molly On 'We Can't Stop'

    This screams immaturity to me.

    She also has been trying to get the message that she's grown up since she was 16. She's now 20. Recall that performance on sage where she dances in a trailer park and slides on a pole? I tnought that was what she was trying to do back then. That was in 2009. Enough already.
    Miley Cyrus pole dancing - YouTube
    bee stung lips likes this.

  10. #9220
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,750

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I wondered about Liam and how he felt seeing her do that stuff. You know he must be humiliated. I can only imagine what his family says about her........lol To be a fly on their wall. "Hey, honey, come see Liam's fiance dancing on television! Oh my! Well, she does seem to be flexible."

    I could buy the argument about her trying to show she's grown up, but it doesn't add up. She doesn't live a life that shows she's an adult. She treats her engagement like a joke. She doesn't speak in any serious manner. She admits to illegal drug use. (Her song she says she means Molly.)
    Miley Cyrus Admits To Singing About Molly On 'We Can't Stop'

    This screams immaturity to me.

    She also has been trying to get the message that she's grown up since she was 16. She's now 20. Recall that performance on sage where she dances in a trailer park and slides on a pole? I tnought that was what she was trying to do back then. That was in 2009. Enough already.
    Miley Cyrus pole dancing - YouTube

    Yes, I remember that fiasco from a few years ago. Why is she trying so hard? She's got a lot to learn.

    Desperation is never attractive.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.