+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    I am so very sorry to hear/read about this.

Linda Ronstadt is one of my all-time favorite singers, and yes, I'd wondered where she'd gone over the past few years.

My thoughts and prayers are with her,
    Back in the 70s her albums were in constant rotation in my house. I am a huge fan and am so so sorry to hear his sad news. I've a relative with Parkinson's disease just a few years younger than she and it's tough. My best wishes to her.

I wish the best for Linda. Linda was my first favorite singer. I loved her voice. IMO she had the best voice. She is still one of the greatest voices of all time. (I think Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, Trisha Yearwood, and Linda, of course.)

Miley on the Video Music Awards--Funny. She is young. She is in great shape. I only think it is bad if she just becomes known for raunch....wonder what Robin Thicke was thinking.
    Hyper likes this.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Miley on the Video Music Awards--Funny. She is young. She is in great shape. I only think it is bad if she just becomes known for raunch....wonder what Robin Thicke was thinking.
    I thought her performance was as far from "funny" as possible. Doesn't she have "people" to tell her that it is possible to grow up with some class!? That performance was just downright nasty. I don't know what the heck Robin Thicke was thinking. He is *nearly* old enough to be her father. I had no idea I could be so grossed out by a foam finger...
    I later caught Lady Gaga's performance. She ended it in a skimpy thong with clam shell bikini top and she STILL didn't some off as tacky as Miley.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

The VMAs are all crotch grabbing and crassness.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Mikey "try hard" Cyrus. The most hilarious thing about it is that she's under the delusion that she's actually sexy. Poor thing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    libgirl2 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

I think Miley proved last night that she either doesn't have good people advising her, or she doesn't listen to them. She had a BIG chance last night to put herself on a level with Madonna and Britney Spears as female performer who went out, did something eye-popping and made people realize she was something special. Instead, she went WAY to far over on the eye popping side and showed herself off as untalented and unoriginal. Madonna's Like a Virgin performance, or a couple of Britney's performances (the snake dance and the kiss with Madonna) were significant because they were sexy without being raunchy, and they were also creative and artisitc. Miley did not have any of that. She went entirely for shock without any consideration for art, or making a statement other than "I want people to be shocked". Even though some older members of the audience were shocked by Madonna and Britney, people also knew they saw something special, and something that danced right up to the line of what is appropriate, pushed it a bit, but didn't cross it. Miley had none of that. If she wanted people to realize that she was more than just a Disney kid, more than just the kid of a celebrity who got some easy breaks, and had talent ... she totally blew her chance. The only children of a celebrity who really grabbed the opportunity and ran with it were Will Smith's kids who proved to the world they could act genuine shock.
    AmyKay and TripleGemini like this.

This gave me a good laugh this morning. NOT Miley, but the Smith family's reaction!!!!!!! This is priceless. Check out the photo of them and their reaction. lol

Will Smith's Family Reacting To Miley Cyrus Is Perfect

Robin Thicke is only 16 years older than Miley, but it just seemed too dirty old man, IMO. Plus, I think Miley needs some mental health care. Her behavior makes me wonder if she was sexually abused as a child. Something is not right with her. She admits to using drugs, especially esctasy. Maybe that's why seems like a dog in heat. The girl has no shame. Sad.

OH, and if I couldn't dislike that Robin Thicke song enough already....ewwwww.
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-26-2013 at 09:24 AM.
    libgirl2 and Lizard like this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Mikey "try hard" Cyrus. The most hilarious thing about it is that she's under the delusion that she's actually sexy. Poor thing.

Meant to say "Miley"not "Mikey". Lol

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Another reason I so like Adele, she doesn't need to act all crass. Her voice, her music is sexy and soulful with out it. She is a class act compared to foam finger sex toy girl.
    Need40winks and norealityhere like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread